Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartnhappy

Plunkett's Weekly Show & Shine Charity Event

45 posts in this topic

I know this is way early, but....I received a call today from charity organizers eager to firm up a date our Smart group could attend their weekly car show.They're trying to arrange more car club participation this year and wanted to make sure we had the early pick of show dates.They appreciate our past participation and respect our firm commitments and high level of attendance.I pencilled-in Thursday, August 01st and reserved parking around the large pond, as we've enjoyed in years past.I know it'll be difficult for some due to holidays/vacations, so a lot of heads-up might make it easier to schedule attendance.It's also the Thursday before the Civic Holiday, for those in the area that might want to make a extra-long weekend out of it.It's a great event for a good cause (Lion's Club sponsorship) and has always resulted in a pleasant evening in years past.I'll post a sign-up sheet with information and directions as we get closer to August.Hope we can get a great turnout of both 'old' and 'new' Smarts with lots of old-timers and newbies.Plan to attend.

Edited by smartnhappy

The actual address for the GPS would help. Heard nothing but positive comments about the place.

You're right William, and thanks.Steve Plunkett's estate is located on the western edge of London, Ontario.The weekly Thursday night events can draw over 300 cars.Hope everyone can make it.He also hosts Canada's largest annual outdoor auto show over a 3 day weekend in June. This has always been a truly world-class event.

Edited by smartnhappy

For those who rely on GPS, this should get you there ... 9282 Elviage Dr. Delaware, ON., N0L 1E0

The full address, a map and complete driving instructions are posted under 'Contct Us' as part of the link above.

Here is that part of their web site....

Link to Information

Edited by smartnhappy

How did I miss this thread? Anyway, looks like there will not be a Mystery Run this summer (or is it really a mystery?) so this show may be the opportunity to make the annual trek into the wilds of Ontario. I'll try to get some more U.S. cars to come along. :)

It is a fun show. It is hard to describe it as the wilds of Ontario so I hope you won't be disappointed.

It is a fun show. It is hard to describe it as the wilds of Ontario so I hope you won't be disappointed.

Have been before and it's the smart owners who make it wild! :lol:

My question would be times, I may not be able to get the Thursday off, but may be able to make an appearance in the evening, so how long are people there?

Plunkett's Sign up:01. Bill02. Alberta & Cliff 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10.

Plunkett's Sign up:01. Bill02. Alberta & Cliff 03. Liz & Glenn04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10.

Plunkett's Sign up:01. Bill02. Alberta & Cliff 03. Liz & Glenn04. John & Elaine05. Ron & Dot06. 07. 08. 09. 10.

I will try to make it down, but alas, can only be one of the adoring masses. I might bring the Volt but it's too low to go over the bridge.

Plunkett's Sign up:01. Bill02. Alberta & Cliff 03. Liz & Glenn04. John & Elaine05. Ron & Dot06. Joe & Heather07. 08. 09. 10.

Plunkett's Sign up:01. Bill02. Alberta & Cliff03. Liz & Glenn04. John & Elaine05. Ron & Dot06. Joe & Heather07. John08.09.10.

Plunkett's Sign up:01. Bill02. Alberta & Cliff03. Liz & Glenn04. John & Elaine05. Ron & Dot06. Joe & Heather07. John08. Terry & Phyllis09.10.

Plunkett's Sign up:01. Bill02. Alberta & Cliff03. Liz & Glenn04. John & Elaine05. Ron & Dot06. Joe & Heather07. John08. Terry & Phyllis09.10.11.12.13.14.15.

Plunkett's Sign up:01. Bill02. Alberta & Cliff03. Liz & Glenn04. John & Elaine05. Ron & Dot06. Joe & Heather07. John08. Terry & Phyllis09. Norville & Veronica10.11.12.13.14.15.

Plunkett's Sign up:01. Bill02. Alberta & Cliff03. Liz & Glenn04. John & Elaine05. Ron & Dot06. Joe & Heather07. John08. Terry & Phyllis09. Norville & Veronica10. Dan & Pam11.12.13.14.15.

Plunkett's Sign up:01. Bill02. Alberta & Cliff03. Liz & Glenn04. John & Elaine05. Ron & Dot06. Joe & Heather07. John08. Terry & Phyllis09. Norville & Veronica10. Dan & Pam11. jp12.13.14.

Plunkett's Sign up:01. Bill02. Alberta & Cliff03. Liz & Glenn04. John & Elaine05. Ron & Dot06. Joe & Heather07. John08. Terry & Phyllis09. Norville & Veronica10. Dan & Pam11. jp12. Dave & Lu13.14.