Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tardis

Stitch N Smart Barbecue

26 posts in this topic

Hi Alljust wondering if there was any interest in us hosting another pot luck type barbecue this summer? I know we had to skip last year as we had a new metal roof put on and if any of you recall our roof isn't exactly a regular roof so it took a long time and I finally have all the metal pieces picked up.I have been working closely with Shirl so it will not be in the same month as the Mystery run this year(wouldn't want to conflict with that) so I can't even give you a date yet. I can tell you it would be on a Saturday. with a rain date too.so if you are interested in a day out in the sticks with other smart owners and lovers of smarts, please let me know if we should plan this or notThankyouKaren (and I promise to keep Jake away from oil and barbecues)

Edited by Tardis

Moorefield, Ontario? That's possible, depending when it is. A lot of my weekends are tied up with other activities in the summer.

I'd be interested as long it isn't the weekend of the 18th or 25th of August as I already have plans for those weekends.

I attended the last one you guys hosted. It was a blast. COUNT ME IN ! ! ! :thumbsup_anim:

Hello, I would be interested in coming! I'd be coming up from Collingwood. I'll double check my schedule when a dates posted

Liz and I are interested but it would depend on the date.

I was at the last one , about a couple years ago. It was a great weekend. Lets have a date. Thanks, Hank

I certainly would be interested. So far only July 13/14 would be a bad weekend, smart Nationals.

Sure Karen, that sounds fantastic!Your area is pretty scenic too right? Please get us a date, and we'll see if our schedules allow.

Hi Allok I have narrowed down some dates because of flooding in our property I have to let the grass dry out for driving on , also didn't want it too close for the mystery run or weekend of the Nationalssooo,July 20th or the next date would be Aug 17th , vote on it, soon, so the majority of the votes will choose the date.voting to close on Monday and a date will be set.have at it :lol: Karen

July 20th1. Liz & Glenn2.3.4.5.6.7.8.Aug 17th1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.

July 20th1. Liz & Glenn2. Ron & Dot3. Dillen & Kayla4.5.6.7.8.Aug 17th1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.

July 20th1. Liz & Glenn2. Ron & Dot3. Dillen & Kayla4. Britney & Potential Guest5.6.7.8.Aug 17th1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.

I would be in on the 20th of JulyJuly 20th1. Liz & Glenn2. Ron & Dot3. Dillen & Kayla4. Britney & Potential Guest5. scwmcan6.7.8.Aug 17th1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.

So looks like July 20th it is :D I will put out a fresh post next month to gather numbers just to get a rough idea who is coming, also some directions to those who are new. I can tell you now it will be a pot luck so everyone is bringing something, anything to contribute. Sometimes it is fun to see what we end up with for supper. maybe just desert :lol: hopefully not just napkins and cups. . so the sky is the limit but don't make too much because if everyone is bringing something there is usually lots of extras.I will be getting some sort of meat maybe just hamburgs but after last time I don't know...If any one wants something embroidered let me know way ahead of time, so it can be computer digitized etc. ready to stitch.pm me.That's all for now keep watching for my next post. and keep thinking warm thoughts for the weather. The horse shoe pits are really soggy now.Karen

If it wasn't soo far I would be interested but.... Is there a similar Ottawa area gathering, cruise or activity?

I would be in on the 20th of JulyJuly 20th1. Liz & Glenn2. Ron & Dot3. Dillen & Kayla4. Britney & Potential Guest5. scwmcan6. James & Yuqi - are we the only ones under 30? :P7.8.Aug 17th1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.

Posted (edited) · Report post

awww it's not like we make the youngest do the dishes :lol: seriously there were all age groups at the last barbecue. and I know there are several interested who are under 25. the rest are young at heart.Turbomar if you would like to camp out for the weekend you are welcome but if it is still too far why not make it happen in your area. Just post a time date and place. If you don't have a big enough property why not meet at a park I hear there are several in Ottawa. oops Prescott Ask if some could bring along small barbecues if they have one and whala a party is bornKaren :D

Edited by Tardis

awww it's not like we make the youngest do the dishes :lol:

Ah..actually we don't mind! It seems that we're not the youngest :lol:

My mother's 70th birthday party was just scheduled for the 20th so I am afraid I will not be able to make it after all ( bummer :( )

Edited by scwmcan