Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huronlad

Suzuki Automotive Leaving Canada

8 posts in this topic

Suzuki, which has 55 dealers in Canada, says it will stop selling cars in this country after the 2014 model year.

LINK

Aha, so my prediction came true then. It was dead obvious actually :D Maybe the "amazing new Kizashi" wasn't all that amazing after all.

Sad but it's their own fault. For years Suzuki has refused to give us any decent small cars. Instead we had a rebadged GM/Daewoo product sold to us as a Suzuki when they should have brought over the Swift they sell all over the world.

Thanks Mike, for advising me not to buy the Suzuki SX4 last year. The salesreps @ Suzuki Barrie lied to me....vehemently arguing that Suzuki Canada wasn't going anywhere.Maybe NOW is a good time to hammer them for a ridiculously good deal?The SX4 WAS recommended by Phil Emdonston of Lemon-aid. I wonder what he would say now.So, if I WERE to get a stupidly good deal on one...what are the dangers...nowhere to service warranty? Short supply on parts? Other dangers?thanks,Ryan

If I wanted the car I would still consider it, but owning an orphaned car can be a challenge, I have done it for years with daily driver Peugeots.

Went to see the local Suziki dealer tonight...got the sales manager.

The car that was $23,788 that I test drove last November...is still there. Loaded.

pic

Thread about car...

I offered him $16,500. He came back saying that lowest he could do is $21,700

FYI, NEW SX4's are only "above average" in the new Lemonaid book. 2007-2010's are recommended.

Oh, and they don't get 50mpg...they get 29-30 Fuel economy Suzuki SX4

Edited by SoulSurgeon

Who said they would get 50 mpg?Suzuki perished in part, IMO, because they stopped offering fuel efficient vehicles in Canada starting around 2002/2003Prior to that, they won awards in multiple categories every year.