Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shirl

Smart Car Mystery Run 5th Anniversary

94 posts in this topic

5th Annual Smart car Mystery Run sign up1 - Leadwing & Spike2 - jwight3 - FlossyTheSmart4 - Adelaide J5 - Bill and Shirley6 - Christie and Jeff7 - Amy and Don8 - James and Yuqi - the date is too far out, but I think we can make it.9 - Michael10 - Britney and Potential Guest11 - stickman007 - I will be in GTA area during that week, too far to be absolutely sure, but I'm planning to make it12 - Adele2cats13 - Bill in Darwin14 - William15 - FastFraser Dan & Pam16 -Mark17- Tom & Sherry (IGTSMRT)18- Spadogs (Andy, Julie, Cookie and Wally)19- Liz & Glenn (Lilbitz & smart142)20- James & Dawn21- jp22- jp's folks23-24-25-

5th Annual Smart car Mystery Run sign up1 - Leadwing & Spike2 - jwight3 - FlossyTheSmart4 - Adelaide J5 - Bill and Shirley6 - Christie and Jeff7 - Amy and Don8 - James and Yuqi - the date is too far out, but I think we can make it.9 - Michael10 - Britney and Potential Guest11 - stickman007 - I will be in GTA area during that week, too far to be absolutely sure, but I'm planning to make it12 - Adele2cats13 - Bill in Darwin14 - William15 - FastFraser Dan & Pam16 -Mark17- Tom & Sherry (IGTSMRT)18- Spadogs (Andy, Julie, Cookie and Wally)19- Liz & Glenn (Lilbitz & smart142)20- James & Dawn21- jp22- jp's folks23- Karen and Jake and hopefully Tardis24-25-

My girlfriend and I are going again, Mat and Mariam! She's bringing her own smart this time too, so make it two cars!5th Annual Smart car Mystery Run sign up1 - Leadwing & Spike2 - jwight3 - FlossyTheSmart4 - Adelaide J5 - Bill and Shirley6 - Christie and Jeff7 - Amy and Don8 - James and Yuqi - the date is too far out, but I think we can make it.9 - Michael10 - Britney and Potential Guest11 - stickman007 - I will be in GTA area during that week, too far to be absolutely sure, but I'm planning to make it12 - Adele2cats13 - Bill in Darwin14 - William15 - FastFraser Dan & Pam16 -Mark17- Tom & Sherry (IGTSMRT)18- Spadogs (Andy, Julie, Cookie and Wally)19- Liz & Glenn (Lilbitz & smart142)20- James & Dawn21- jp22- jp's folks23- Karen and Jake and hopefully Tardis24- Mat and Mariam25-

My girlfriend and I are going again, Mat and Mariam! She's bringing her own smart this time too, so make it two cars!

Woot... that's awesome! Is it also a gasoline model?

Hi there,I am a new Smart owner, but this looks like it might be fun. I live in the Hamilton area. Is there anything special that I have to do to sign up?Thanks!Sue :D

5th Annual Smart car Mystery Run sign up1 - Leadwing & Spike2 - jwight3 - FlossyTheSmart4 - Adelaide J5 - Bill and Shirley6 - Christie and Jeff7 - Amy and Don8 - James and Yuqi - the date is too far out, but I think we can make it.9 - Michael10 - Britney and Potential Guest11 - stickman007 - I will be in GTA area during that week, too far to be absolutely sure, but I'm planning to make it12 - Adele2cats13 - Bill in Darwin14 - William15 - FastFraser Dan & Pam16 -Mark17- Tom & Sherry (IGTSMRT)18- Spadogs (Andy, Julie, Cookie and Wally)19- Liz & Glenn (Lilbitz & smart142)20- James & Dawn21- jp22- jp's folks23- Karen and Jake and hopefully Tardis24- Mat and Mariam25- Dave & Lu26- Sue?

Anyone have experience with the Speakout cell phone service offered at 7-11 stores? So far that looks like the best bet for a short trip to the great white North, vs. paying International roaming charges. Thanks! :)

5th Annual Smart car Mystery Run sign up

1 - Leadwing & Spike

2 - jwight

3 - FlossyTheSmart

4 - Adelaide J

5 - Bill and Shirley

6 - Christie and Jeff

7 - Amy and Don

8 - James and Yuqi - the date is too far out, but I think we can make it.

9 - Michael

10 - Britney and Potential Guest

11 - stickman007 - I will be in GTA area during that week, too far to be absolutely sure, but I'm planning to make it

12 - Adele2cats

13 - Bill in Darwin

14 - William

15 - FastFraser Dan & Pam

16 -Mark

17- Tom & Sherry (IGTSMRT)

18- Spadogs (Andy, Julie, Cookie and Wally)

19- Liz & Glenn (Lilbitz & smart142)

20- James & Dawn

21- jp

22- jp's folks

23- Karen and Jake and hopefully Tardis

24- Mat and Mariam

25- Dave & Lu

26- Sue

Yes! Would love to go. I thought I saw a "cancelled" post. Am I dreaming?

CANCELLED FOR THIS YEAR DUE TO CIRCMSTANCES BEYOND MY CONTROL.

I POSTED THIS ONCE ALREADY SORRY IT DID NOT ACCEPT IT.

HOPE EVERYONE IS GOOD AND THAT IS MANAGING TO HAVE A GOOD SUMMER.

Unfortunately, you are not dreaming! But fortunately, it has been salvaged and is going ahead as scheduled

This is an excellent event. :) Just prior to this event, the London area smarties will be attending the Plunket event on August 1st. and the Oakville area smarties will be having a Smart & Electric Drive Show & Shine Plus Benefit Bbq For Oakvillegreen on July 29th between 5-7pm. See this thread for more info.

All are invited to all three events.

I'm going to see if it is possible to get any existing work about the event from Shirl. If it is just that she does not have time to organize it now due to whatever circumstance, I would be more than willing to take over any organization at this point, possibly with the help of someone else more local. Given the number of people signed up, the event can probably still be salvaged at this point.

I'm going to see if it is possible to get any existing work about the event from Shirl. If it is just that she does not have time to organize it now due to whatever circumstance, I would be more than willing to take over any organization at this point, possibly with the help of someone else more local. Given the number of people signed up, the event can probably still be salvaged at this point.

Good plan Max ........ If you are successful, let me know and I will alter my previous post.

Thanks, Max! Sounds like a plan - let me know if I can help out after I sneak across the border. Somebody has to make the run to Tim Hortons.... :)

If you need a hand let me know :)

If you need tshirts for this or any other event please let us know. thankyou for trying to revive thisKaren

I hope this event still is a go ahead :( if you need a hand I'll try my best to help!

ATTENTION EVERYONE INTERESTED IN THE MYSTERY RUN

I still haven't heard anything from Shirl, however, I would still like to go ahead with the event. If I don't hear anything, I will still try my best to put on an event that should be able to live up to the name of the Mystery Run. I'll let you know more in the next few days, and hopefully I'll have everything mostly planned by Monday (That would be nice at least)...

IN THE MEANTIME:

I highly recommend that everyone "tracks this topic" so that they are kept up to date on all further information. I've attached a little picture that should help you figure out how. Doing this will allow you to receive an email notification whenever someone posts in this thread. It will give you some choices, but I personally like the "immediate email notification", rather than the delayed notification.

post-4936-1374880610_thumb.png

post-4936-1374880725_thumb.png

ATTENTION EVERYONE INTERESTED IN THE MYSTERY RUN

I still haven't heard anything from Shirl, however, I would still like to go ahead with the event. If I don't hear anything, I will still try my best to put on an event that should be able to live up to the name of the Mystery Run. I'll let you know more in the next few days, and hopefully I'll have everything mostly planned by Monday (That would be nice at least)...

IN THE MEANTIME:

I highly recommend that everyone "tracks this topic" so that they are kept up to date on all further information. I've attached a little picture that should help you figure out how. Doing this will allow you to receive an email notification whenever someone posts in this thread. It will give you some choices, but I personally like the "immediate email notification", rather than the delayed notification.

Thanks Max! Even if it's not so much a mystery it should be fun with all the people signed up. Let's press on! :)

Efforts are being made to have the event go as scheduled. Stay tuned for updates.

Since the original post carried the date, and was edited and replaced by the cancellation notice, it would be a good idea to restate the proposed date asap.

Thanks for the reminder Gary. The original post has been edited to reflect the fact that we are still hopeful of a successful event.

The proposed date for the event remains as August 3rd.

Starting time is 10:00am. Entry fee is $10 per person. 50/50 draw and prizes. Starting location will be at a Timmies at 244 Hwy 20 S Stoney Creek at Mud Street. See this link for a better view.

Thanks, Ron. Might need some more detail for us non-natives - I've looked at Google maps and don't see the Timmies or Mud Street.... :confused:

So after a top secret meeting yesterday, we've got everything settled! Leadwing actually made a mistake with the starting location address, so look here for the super official info.

MYSTERY RUN INFO

Start Time:

Saturday August 3rd, 10:00 AM

Start Location:

Tim Hortons at 244 Hwy 20 S, Stoney Creek (Address is confusing to me. I linked it to Google Maps. Have a look there). There is an Esso Station across the street that has Diesel and presumably Premium as well. Be filled up and ready to go.

Entrance Fee:

There will be an entrance fee of $10 CAD a head. Please bring cash, as I don't intend to be cashing cheques or anything silly. We'll have change, but if you bring exactly $10 it would be appreciated more :)

End Time:

We should be finished around 5:15 PM or so, then we will follow up with dinner

Dinner:

Dinner will be at Kelsey's at 821 Paramount Drive, Hamilton. The restaurant is actually closer to Artfrank Street there, but that's the official restaurant address. They have an online menu HERE if you want to look at choices/prices in advance.

Things to bring with you:

If you have an FRS radio, bring it with you. It will be much easier to recover people stuck behind traffic lights this way. (Not that this should be a major issue)

I'm going to post details of the Friday meetup, but I can see topic notifications flying in, so I just want to put this out there!

Edited by FlossyTheSmart