Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shirl

Smart Car Mystery Run 5th Anniversary

94 posts in this topic

Julie and I would like to thank all of organizers for a great day. We had to drop out just after lunch when Wally escaped to the front seat. After re-securing him, we checked the next stop to see it was a three hour museum tour. And although we would have loved to go, we could not leave the dogs, so we headed home. Hope you all had a great time, enjoyed the tour and dinner. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.- Andy

Thanks for bringing your two dogs! Kudos to Max, Ron and Brit for saving the day and keeping the Mystery Run on track. Excellent weather, some fun roads and a bunch of enthusiastic smart owners made for a great day all round. Four Ohio cars, one from Kansas and the long distance winner from British Columbia - pretty amazing for a "local" Ontario event! Too much fun, let's do it again next year. See you in Ohio next April! :)

Thanks to you guys for keeping this going,i had a great time an it was nice to meet some new faces an to see some old 1s.looking forward to another

Thank you everyone that came out, today was amazing, met some awesome smart owners :) Look forward to next year's Mystery Run where I will gladly take up the tail car again :DRon and Max you did an incredible job :)- Brit

It was a good event. The encouragement Max, Brit and I received to try and put this together was inspiring. Without you, the participant, our efforts would have been for naught. Thank you all who came out and made this the success that it was. The 50/50 draw was won by Adele, and the other ½ went as a donation to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. I managed to find someone still working there as we went by on our way home, so I stopped in and made the donation on behalf of all the Mystery Run participants. They were very appreciative.This location has one of only 2 fully operational and flying Lancaster Bombers in the world, and the only one where civilians can go for a ride in one. (for a price) Photo #1 Some of the group Photo #2 The only person in our group who was short enough to squeeze into the pilot's cockpit without trouble. She was also our tail-gunner for most of the run and one of the 3 amigos who worked on resurrecting the event. Photo #3 Another of the 3 amigos who worked tirelessly on the event to make it a success (behind the Guide with the dark glasses) Photo #4 Yours truly forcing all of me into the tightest thing I've been into in years, the cockpit of a CF-100. Man! That's snug in there. Photo #5 The inspiration for the tour of the museum. Photo #6 Another part of our group being shown the yellow and black "Widow-maker" Photo #7 One of the "static" planes on display.More to follow

001.JPG

064.JPG

032.JPG

021.JPG

034.JPG

036.JPG

053.JPG

A big thank you to Max, Brit, and Ron! Well done! :3tens: We were very lucky to see the Lancaster flying overhead when we were in the parking lot of the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. And then to see a B25 start and take off - AWESOME!It was very special!

For those who weren't aware, these three people made this day possible. Everyone went home happy.Left to Right: Max (FlossyTheSmart), Brit (Britsmart) and Ron (Leadwing)

post-8089-1375620540_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spike

Heres videos of it that didnt get the chance to see it in person.
Nice videos! For those who missed the taking off or flying, the videos are certainly worth watching. Thanks for taking and posting them.

I'm glad everyone had a good time! If anyone wants to see the route we took, have a look HERE.

Here's a few of the pictures I took over the day:

post-4936-1375647652_thumb.jpg

post-4936-1375647667_thumb.jpg

post-4936-1375647680_thumb.jpg

post-4936-1375647694_thumb.jpg

post-4936-1375647706_thumb.jpg

post-4936-1375647721_thumb.jpg

A bit of a late post...a big thank you to our dear Brit, Max and Ron for pulling this off on such short time.I'm writing this on my phone, so let's see if the pictures would work...post-9765-1375895787_thumb.jpg

Edited by falcon_1898

Thanks Ron! For some reason my phone shows the rig/t orientation when I uploaded it.Max....holy smokes, you are right! Your car is translucent too!! Who are you really?

Ahh good ole' Caledonia...my hometown, sad I missed the Run. We got our house that week and I was busy tearing up the kitchen.

I received a note of appreciation from the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum on Wednesday of this week, thanking us for the donation. I know that Spike and I will be going there again sometime this year. Two hours wasn't anywhere near enough time to take it all in.Comments from the people at the CWHM were more surprised than anything. They tell me that tours involving large groups such as ours rarely results in donations. Those usually come from individual or family tours.