Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Worker Not

A/c Pods On Top Of Dash

4 posts in this topic

2005 passion coupe dieselWhat is the trick to removing the A/C pods on the top of the dash. Could not find any information anywhere inregards to the removal and re-installation of these pods.I tried to pry up and then tried to turn them but no luck. Was afraid to put too much pressure to cause them to break.I need to paint them bright red to match the door pull handles, door release handles, and the up and down window buttons.The trim that holds the netting in place was also painted red. The panel and the netting was covered in white leather.P.S. The seats were also re-covered in a unique bright white leather also.

Edited by Worker Not

Short answer: carefully pry the emergency triangle assembly from the dash frame, you will notice each pod has a "foot" with several screws in it, that is how they are attached physically. Notice there is a flat cable attached to each pod, the clock cable plugs into a connector on the underside of the emergency triangle, the tachometer cable plugs into the back of the instrument cluster/speedometer -- so you will need to remove that as well. Find one of the several very good tutorials online. I recommend the one posted at evilution.co.ukAre you sure you want to paint the pod housing or just the trim rings? The trim rings pop off fairly easily - just pry the edge CAREFULLY with a knife or small screwdriver. Details on trim rings also on the evilution site.(disclaimer: my "short answer" is not a tutorial, just an overview.)

Edited by fernblatt

I think he means the air ducts. Maybe Evilution has an instruction?

According to THIS set of instructions on removing the entire dash, the air vents can be removed just by pulling them straight upwards. Grab by the solid sides and give er.