Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lito

Before Warranty Runs Out

5 posts in this topic

I am at about 65K km, but in a couple of months, the warranty on my 451 will run out (well before 80K).I know the previous owner had a couple of minor things fixed, and I had the front suspension repaired not long ago. All under warranty.Now, I was thinking that maybe I should invest in a couple of hours with an independent mechanic (I believe we have a certified independent Smart mechanic near Ottawa) to have him go over the car and tell me if I should request any work from MB under warranty.For all I know all is well with the car. No strange noises or anything like it. But, I am not a mechanic nor I have instruments to ensure all is well or as it should be.Would I be burning my money by doing this? Or do you think it is an advisable idea?

It's probably OK, don't worry....but if you do have it checked, have a compression test done!

That's a big +1 on the compression check, at least. I had a CEL on all winter. Now at this present B check my #1 cylinder intake valve was leaking. ($2000-2500 later) I would definitely have the car looked over by another mechanic before the anniversary.John

I had a MB dealer do the inspection and warranty work. Some dealers are happy to do this. It was a good idea in my case.

Thank you everyone! I will look at the exact dates next week, and book an appointment.