Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrisinvancity

Noise In Cabin

12 posts in this topic

I've been experiencing a rattling noise in my cabin and I cannot figure out where it is coming from. One thread suggested it might be the back hatch, but that does not appear to be the case. Has anyone else experienced this?

Is the rattle always heard or only under certain circumstances?

Give us more info. I used the electrical tape trick on the latches for the back door/glass and that fixed that.

I get rattles near windshield lower corners when in 5th or 6th gear under load under 2000rpm. I suspect the tweeters?

Give us more info. I used the electrical tape trick on the latches for the back door/glass and that fixed that.

It happens at highway speed, 80 KPH of better. I've put electrical tape over the latches for the back window and door gate. Sounds like it's coming from the passenger side, but impossible to tell. Sounds similar to a zipper pull tab rattling against the zipper.Thanks for taking the time. Appreciate any wisdom you guys can offer.

Just a guess... If it is speed related, it maybe something loose/stuck in the wheel well? Or perhaps under the "hood"? Worth a look.

Posted (edited) · Report post

When we first got our smart, we had an annoying rattle. It turned out to be the insert on the back of the passenger side seat. I inserted some foam rubber tape and that cured teh problem.

Posted Image

Edited by Graham

Try lifting the handbrake arm until just before the warning light illuminates to see if the sound goes away.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I really appreicate your time. I'll try them all and let you know.chris.

All good suggestions. Still there though. I'll either figure it out, or learn to live with it. Thanks again for all your help.

Do u have the retractable trunk cover I have noticed a noise comein from that where it sits in the indentions on the sidewalls behind the seats or the part that slides to lock n unlock to remove 

On 2013-05-13 at 10:19 PM, chrisinvancity said:

Sounds similar to a zipper pull tab rattling against the zipper.

Maybe an obvious question, but have you tried taping down the zipper pulls on the zippers that close the seat covers over the frames?