Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bessy

Crazy Fe Claims In Kijiji Ads

10 posts in this topic

Been seeing some ads for Smarts on Kijiji. The best one so far is "Gets 900km for under $20 of fuel" (less than 2.0 LHK unless fuel is 50 cents/litre) Another one "$15 gas = 700KM" where do these people get their fuel?! These were both for CDI smarts, I emailed them of course...Anyone seen any interesting claims lately?

People will tell any kind of lies to sell stuff. Even car makers make mendacious claims. This has been known "forever". That's where CAVEAT EMPTOR comes from.Bil :sun:

And some say bigger fuel tank then it actually has (33L which the gas models have, I HIGHLY doubt there are more then a couple with larger tanks installed!) or costs under $20 to fill when it only buys 15L of fuel which does not go very far in a smart under normal/average driving conditions. Yes, see it often as with most diesels people claim wierd things sometimes. VWs and Mercedes have similar claims in their ads sometimes usually used car dealers claiming crazy things for diesels. My favorite lately though is newer tdis for sale because the owners aren't getting the 5L/100kms that their supposed to, only 7-8L/100km because they like to drive hard, gotta love some of things people write in their ads!

I found that too. Im thinking its people who don't drive the cars much or at all. . or are a dealerships that grabs information from other sources and hopes for the best.

If a person has access to the internet there is no excuse for being ignorant about any given automobile.

Vehicle on fireeBay: must sell soon

In 1998 I had a '93 VW Gold - pre-TDI. At that time I was paying 38 cents per litre of diesel. I could never squeeze $25 into the tank, and I got a consistent 850kms between fills. With the old diesels it didn't seem to matter how your drove them, them always got the same mileage.

I agree, same was true for my old Jettas and (non-turbo) '97 Transporter. Even the 2004 Jetta PD TDi got stunning FE when driven hard, almost identical to what it got driven sanely -- 950+ km to a tank whether at 90 km/h on back roads or 145 km/h on the 400 highways around GTA...