stickman007

Key Teach-in

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm surprised with the lack of technical info on how to do this procedure. There's also a huge amount of misinformation online. I hope this info will help many smart owners. The Kamloops dealership wanted $300 before tax to do this (including the fob to be fair), but like many of you guys, I've been soured by dealership experiences.Disclaimer - I'm only reporting what I did (and it worked)!Running Xentry/DAS 3.2012 with clone C3:I decided this morning on a challenge to see if I could code my cabrio fob to my coupe and here's what I did:Obtain a copy of AVT1.4 TAN code generator (mhhauto.com)Install the TANLogfix file (mhhauto.com)1) start up xentry, and proceed to open das2) plug in multiplex and laptop3) navigate to "system" => "EDG control unit" => "Control unit adaptations" => "Immobilizer" => "Teach-in key again"4) READ the instructions CAREFULLY as you don't want to mess up at this point5) F3 to proceed, and a request code will be generated6) open AVT generator and enter in the request code under "key teach-in" and press calculate7) enter in the code at the bottom of das8) once the code as been accepted (press okay) and within 30sec press the lock button twice on each fob that you wish to code9) once you reach back to the das menu, you're done! turn off das/xentry and give it a try! IT WORKED FOR ME!The procedure took approximately ~5 minutesGood luck!IzzyPS. In case some of you who are wondering if I could generate TAN codes for the other functions, the answer is no. The TANLogfix file ONLY worked for the key teach-in unfortunately.

Edited by stickman007
1 person likes this

Cool, I kept one of my written off cabrio keys and have a spare shank from the 2006, so one day maybe you could try this on mine!

Will do Mike :)I'm currently trying to find older versions of xentry DVD. As far as my research as led me, the AVT TAN generator will fully work for Xentry/DAS 8.2008 to 3.20010...The earliest versions I could find is 1.2011, I'm hoping to give this version a try and hope for the best. I'm sure if we pull together as a community, we can figure this mystery out.

Hello. I know this is old post but i prefer not to make a new one. So i have a smart 2010 cdi. I have xentry 03/2014 with clone c3. I have only one key and i decided to put another one. So i buy one used from Ebay and after i send for virginize i tried to make the teach in to my car. The procedure completed with success but the key can fire up the car but cannot lock/unlock the car. Any ideas?

I'm not familiar with the 451, but I've ran into 2 different scenario:1) Some cars such as my VW, the immobilizer and remote door locks are 2 different system that requires different sync procedures.2) I have a 450 FOB that I successfully sync, but after sometime, partially when I started soldering the buttons for my remote starter module, the unlock/lock buttons stop working. Car stills disarm for the immobilizer.

I know this is an old thread but it really 'amazes me' (read pisses me off) that a second key/fob done up at a dealer is $300+...

I mean....WTF....? Made of gold or platinum?

I'm running around with only the one key/fob as the previous owner of the car had lost the second original key/fob. So I watch my keychain like a hawk!

I mean...seriously people....how can they get away wtih this?

(let's not even go to the cost of replacing the fuel filter....again?made of Gold?What?).

You can buy a key fob from China or second hand on eBay.  Cost about £30 each.  File the blank key to fit locks and use Delphi DS150E (£20 - £70 depending on where you buy it) to code the keys.  All keys must be done same time.

22 minutes ago, tolsen said:

You can buy a key fob from China or second hand on eBay.  Cost about £30 each.  File the blank key to fit locks and use Delphi DS150E (£20 - £70 depending on where you buy it) to code the keys.  All keys must be done same time.

Can you elaborate the procedure for the Key teach in with the Delphi DS150E , please?

2 hours ago, tolsen said:

My question wasn't where to purchase the keyfob?

5 hours ago, GRP151 said:

Can you elaborate the procedure for the Key teach in with the Delphi DS150E , please?

1 hour ago, GRP151 said:

My question wasn't where to purchase the keyfob?

Somebody else may want to buy one or two.  Maximum three can be coded if my memory is right.  Got three coded to my Smart.

Coding procedure is essentially same as in MB Star except there is no need for any TAN code.

http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?menu=mb star&mod=1204