Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tardis

Stitch N Smart Bbq July 20

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

First I must apologise for being tardy, life has a way of interfering with our fun doesn't it.well plans for the BBQ are still in hand we scored some au sum meat to rotisserie. so for all you newcomers who haven't attended before hear goes the lowdown.It is pot luck, everyone brings a little something to share could be a salad or a pie (We loved the pie William) or dip with veg everyone loved that. your choice think outside the box or bring a box. :lol: Leadwing offered to have Spike make cookies mmmm.cookies You should also bring a lawn chair to sit on unless you like sitting on grass. and maybe a drink or two.If you need directions I will be giving them later or you can do a search I posted them two years ago for our last one. We are located just outside Moorefield OntarioIf you have something you want to sell or trade or you have a business you want everyone to know about bring that too.I promise to keep Jake away from the oil this timeIf any one is interested in having any embroidery done(eg. smart cars on a jacket or shirt) let me know ahead of time. Time, any time on the Sat. is fine. Because we are some distance from everywhere you are welcome to come the night before and camp out and stay the night of too. There is room to pitch a tent or you can rough it on the floor in the livingroom. Yes we have a floor now!So here goes, who's gonna be first to sign up1.Karen & Jake2.3.4.

Edited by Tardis

So here goes, who's gonna be first to sign up1.Karen & Jake2.William3.4.

I'll be there :)1.Karen & Jake2.William3.Dillen (and maybe Kayla depending on work)4.

Sign up for fun:1.Karen & Jake2.William3.Dillen (and maybe Kayla depending on work)4.Ron & Dot5.6.7.8.9.10.

Plans are moving along nicely. I have been out today trimming back some trees that were a little low to park under last time so there is more shady parking now.sadly Tardis will probably be in the shed in bits as Jake wants to do a lot to him before the Mystery run but on the up side you may get to see his inerds.I am also working on a sign for the side of the road to mark our driveway.So that's all for now remember to keep the date and sign up soon.Karen

Welcome summer finally :lol: at least it is here. so friends time to let me know how many are coming it`s not written in stone just need to get a sense of numbers. I promise to not play my pipes if that helps.Karen

Plans are moving along nicely. I have been out today trimming back some trees that were a little low to park under last time so there is more shady parking now.sadly Tardis will probably be in the shed in bits as Jake wants to do a lot to him before the Mystery run but on the up side you may get to see his inerds.I am also working on a sign for the side of the road to mark our driveway.So that's all for now remember to keep the date and sign up soon.Karen

I should add our names to the list, but my uncle is coming over from overseas to spend July here...might have to look at schedule again.Argh...I'd like to see the inerts! you don't get that opportunity everyday..

Sign up for fun:1.Karen & Jake2.William3.Dillen (and maybe Kayla depending on work)4.Ron & Dot5. John & Elaine (Adelaide J)6.7.8.9.10.

It's getting close now just 16 sleeps till we get together :lol: Does any one have a problem with me injecting bourbon into the meat! yes I am experimenting with new recipes. :rolleyes: If you have a real problem PM me so I will leave a virgin piece for you, no one needs to know.Also if you think you might make it please add your name so I know how many plates etc. to have on hand.If you need direction nows the time to askCan't wait to see everyoneKaren

I know how to get there Karen, but it might be a good idea to post directions anyway.

Jake tried unsuccessfully last evening to put up a map. so until I find the old directions all I can do today is give you our address for google maps. as soon as time permits I will try the old written directions, that should be Sunday.Our address for google maps7357 Side road 12 Moorefield Ontariothere is also a street view of our property but it mostly shows funny angles from our neighbours and be aware the trees are much bigger now. I am making a sign to mark our driveway.It is a nice pleasant drive 30 minutes from Kitchener, 45 from Guelph, Stratford. about 15 from Arthur and Listowel is maybe 20.Hope you can make it.Karen

Found them for you (from the event 2 years ago)

For those with GPS our location is N 43-47-39, W 80-41-37From Orangeville for those Torontonians. the main drag in Orangeville is hwy 109 take it west towards Arthur (there is a Tim's for rest break there) stay on 109 straight through the lights, go approximately 6 KM from Arthur to Wellington county road 11.Turn left onto county 11 (there is a sign indicating to Drayton).Go approximately about 6 KM to stop sign (County road 7) continue straight to the next side road which is concession 12 turn right. go on concession 12 to the second road which is side road 12. turn left we are the 7th house on the left.

post-7529-1373031486_thumb.jpg

Welcome summer finally :lol: at least it is here. so friends time to let me know how many are coming it`s not written in stone just need to get a sense of numbers. I promise to not play my pipes if that helps.Karen

Hi Karen and Jake,I have not been on the club site in ages, so I didn't see your announcement for the BBQ. Sorry!I do plan to attend, ESPECIALLY if you play your pipes. I love bagpipe music. I must have some molecules of Scottish blood in me (no idea where it would come from!) among all my French Canadian genes to the Nth generation. :DI already have a commitment for July 20th, but I'll try to wiggle out of it as quickly as I can. If it's ok I'd show up later in the afternoon, possibly with my dragonling in tow.But please don't plan any meat for us: we're vegetarian, remember. I'll just show up with some salad or some veggies to throw on the BBQ.And thanks for the BD wishes! :)The dragon

Time: any time in the afternoon will be fine. even in the morning is ok. But like last time things got going mid afternoon. because drive times vary so much I don't want to put a time specific on this. I will be putting the rotisserie in motion around 2. they say to give the meat three hours so will see. If you can't make it early then later is good too stay as long as you like. Lets hope the rain is done by then. If not we can move the party indoors. But it is so nice to be sitting among your beautiful smarts comparing notes on mods etc.Shhh Dragon about the pipes I may not be up to it, they take a lot of work and I haven't played them for sooo long. You may scare off potential party people. :huh: don't worry folks these pipes Dragon mentions are not great highland pipes you hear on parades but are Scottish bellow small pipes. Played indoors usually in pubs. :rolleyes: and like I said I may not be up to firing them up.Although I may have a few extra shirts that have already been embroidered for sale this is not a sale day and there will never be any pressure on anyone to buy any of our products this is just a fun day. I just wanted to clear that up I have never been and never will be a pressure salesman. That said if any one wants something specific like a hat with a smart on it or shirt etc. let me know pm me before. heck I did underwear for a biker so anything goes.Karen

Pretty excited guys! Picking up my new smartie today so there's a great chance I'll come to the Stich N Smart in it depending if I can get my mods done in time :thumbsup_still: Bag pipes dont scare me :P

Sign up for fun:1.Karen & Jake2.William3.Dillen (and maybe Kayla depending on work)4.Ron & Dot5. John & Elaine (Adelaide J)6. jp7. 8.9.10.

Edited by jp

Hi gang it's not too late to sign up and come out for a social meet of like minded smarties.There is no cost just pot luck. (just a small side dish to share.) No pressure sales tactics here. just good fun.Glenn and Liz are you still coming? we'd all love to see the new T.Just a reminder half our road is gravel but if you come around the block using concession 12 it is good pavement. just take the side road on either side of us either 15 or the tenth. also a reminder we live in Mennonite country so there are a lot of horse and buggies. Please remember horse etiquette.Give the horse the right of way and lots of room. some are racehorses and they are skittish they could just dash out in front of you. There have been several accidents recently the driver of the vehicle is always charged. never pass with such gusto as to spook the horse. or cut him off. A typical buggy is only going around 35 mph so they are easy to pass no need to stomp on it. we see so many do this and the buggy handler always is gripping like his life is depending on it.It is.Now have a safe drive out have fun the weather looks like it will be great. the country side is so pretty right now.It is much cooler out here than in the city.can't wait to see every one.Karen

Hey Karen seems to be I have to be at two places at once on the 20th. . .but there's a strong chance I'll still come by since I'll be Mennonite/Amish Auction in Milbank just down the road helping out my distributor. I may come in the smart or the truck depending on what my distributor needs me to bring (hopefully just the smart :rolleyes: ). So yeah guys there's going to be a couple thousand Amish and Mennonites on the road that day so be careful. .and by the way they love smart cars my guy in Kincardine is looking for one without an engine to make a 1 horse power model. Photo from last yearpost-12052-1373994220_thumb.jpg

Edited by dmoonen

I love attending auctions it was one of our resources when moving to the country. Where else could we have found so many useful chicken items for a fraction of the cost new. also some really good garden tools.Well two more sleeps and it is sure hot. It is much cooler out here and Sat. is supposed to be wonderful weather. So we are good to go.Looking forward to seeing everyone and a reminder if you haven't signed up it's ok you can still show up.Karen

Do we need to bring chairs or is everything under control in that respect?

Better be safe and say if possible bring a chair. If you don't have any then maybe there will be a bench or one of ours. but I just don't have a lot of them. Karen

For those coming from the London area, - Hwy 4 to Hwy 7- Turn east on Hwy 7 to Mitchell Line (Hwy 23) About 1 Km. - Left onto 23- Hwy 23 to Palmerston. - Right on King St. (Wellington 8)- Left on Wellington 10- Right on Concess. Rd. 12- Right on Side Rd. 12- Go to # 7357 (on left)The Weather Network (at this time) is calling for a high of 26 (79F) with only a 20% chance of precipitation for Saturday.

OK We've had some active weather up here but all is good now and we cleaned it all up.Jake is back this morning at the Victoria star He bought new shocks and they forgot to put several pieces in the bag that he had paid for yesterday. so back he went to straighten it out. He should be arriving back any moment.oh here he is ... success.so we are good to go and get in the party mode.drive safe all are welcome we have lots of meat.Karen