Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turbomar

450 Remap

75 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was just given a quote of $400. The quote includes copying my stock map, Emailing it to a lad in Austria, sent back here and reflashed in my car ECU. The map HP/torque respectively are:stock 41/74 to 59/103Is that a fair price?Thanks... MarioEdit: to clear it up a little:Stock: 41hp 74 torqueRemap: 59hp 103 torque

Edited by turbomar

Mine cost $300 at Eddy in Richmond BC, nominally 65 HP and who knows what torque (lots).

Glenn (smart142) was $275 when I shipped him my ECU.Its not as peppy as Eddy's map (on Bilgladstone's car), but a big improvement over stock.

I'm calling :bs: on 74Hp.

Sorry for confusing you. The 74 stands for stock torque

OK... I misunderstood, thank you. The 59Hp claim is realistic. Eddy's remap is approximately 65Hp, confirmed with calculation using the ScanGauge Hp tool.Bil :sun:

Umm why ship it to Austria if it takes only a couple minutes to do with the insecurity of it not working properly? I'd personally recommend Glenns (Smart142) remap, he's based in London Ontario and he's the best bang for your buck and he knows these cars inside and out. I've had mine remapped last winter and have driven around 20,xxxkm without any issues. Drives like a dream.

Uncle Glenn is the man!!!! Best monies spent period on the car so far. Getting a speeding ticket on 401 and driving off afretwards with smile on your face .... priceless! :D

@ Vulicevic: It's a rare day indeed when you can smile after getting a speeding ticket, but in this case, an exception can be made.I've had both of mine remapped by Uncle Glenn. What can I say except I wish I had done it sooner. It made a world of difference in the '05 which has the higher mileage.YMMV

I have spoken to and corresponded with quite a few people who have gotten their 450s remapped, and in virtually every case, they have said they wished they had done it earlier.The scuttlebutt is that there may soon be a come-to-you remap installer in BC so you don't have to mail your ECU/EDG away!Bil :sun:

Which map would that be, Bil?The Eddy map is quite nice, I have grown to like it even more than I thought I would. FE is better than stock if driven slowly, i.e. the same as I drove it when stock.

Mike be likin' the dark side! :lol:And he's right, he may be a little slow to learn but he gets there. Driven for economy the FE is slightly improved, and the burst of extra power is so very nice on onramps, hills, traffic etc. And I will admit to going over the Duffey Lake road and getting remarkably poor FE and a big grin.

I wanted to retain the stock map until the warranty was over, and a couple of months after that ELW was over, I got the map the first time I was in Vancouver with the Canada 1. It was always my plan. The only downer is the smoke, I wish it was less smoky when hammering it (though mine doesn't lay down clouds like some of these maps I've seen in action).

Biodiesel will greatly reduce the smoke, Mike. B100 is just down the road from you, you lucky buggah!

2-55 Station Street, Duncan.

Reference link here

B :sun:

Mike T: Posted Jun 17 2013 - 11:53 PM I wanted to retain the stock map until the warranty was over, and a couple of months after that ELW was over, I got the map the first time I was in Vancouver with the Canada 1. It was always my plan. The only downer is the smoke, I wish it was less smoky when hammering it (though mine doesn't lay down clouds like some of these maps I've seen in action).

From my reply at post#44 on thread at http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?showtopi...6&hl=cetane. Posted Aug 27, 2011

I just finished my first tank using about 50 cc of Redlline Diesel Catalyst. What I particularly noticed was that the smoke was reduced to such a degree that when accelerating in traffic after dark, there was no sign of it illuminated by the cars that were following. In the past, I had found that it was quite obvious.

Any additive like Redline (I use the Plus85) or biodiesel (I'm currently using Milligan's DFC concentrate) that boosts Cetane will enhance combustion and more completely burn the fuel. More complete combustion results in less particulate -- smoke -- and other emissions. Bil :sun:

Mine hardly smokes but it does smoke more frequently than it did before the remap. I do use a cetane booster/lubricity additive.

Higher volume fuel delivery is one of the main methods to increase the power in a diesel engine. More smoke is to be expected, especially noticeable when you put the boot in. Of course it will smoke more than the factory profile.

Drive just down the road, Mike, and blend in some bio~ to 30-50% and see how much it is reduced. And how quietly and smoothly the engine runs!

Bil :sun:

I can only see it in the lights of following cars at night.

My wife has followed me a few times and said she couldn't see any smoke. Maybe its the fuel and additive I use?

I don't think mine smokes hardly at all. But I almost never drive at night to see it in the rearview.

B :sun:

Even stock ones smoke sometimes, you just have to lick the exhaust pipe to be sure ;)