Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turbomar

Ottawa Cruise Nights

29 posts in this topic

I would like to organize a get together for our fellow Ottawa Smart owners. I thought it would be cool to assemble for a cruise night at the Rideau Carleton Raceway cruise night. This takes place every wednesday night starting around 5pm. The first meet could take place as early as June 19th. I suggests we meet in the front of the parking lot adjacent to the main road and then we proceed to the car show area as a group to ensure we are all parked together. If you have to rush right from work to make it, no worries, the RCR serves a decent buffet! If you are interested please feel free to comment and add any other ideas you would like to share. Thanks... Mario

Count me in. I was wondering if there would be any Ottawa events. Probably I'll be the only one with a 451 (don't see many in this forum), but I'll be happy top be there.

How about we plan for June 3rd and give people time to plan so we have a large turnout?

Personally I can attend the june 19th and 26th and July 10th and 17th. No can do for the 3rd of july, I work evening shifts every 3 weeks

Thanks Lito, I did mean July. I can't do July 10th so I guess next week or the 26th on June could work.

Is this only available during the week.It would be nice to attend but we would be coming from Montreal!

Is this only available during the week.It would be nice to attend but we would be coming from Montreal!

Monkey Joe's, Boston Pizza and Canadian Tire have weekend Cruise Nights. Here's a list of other shows in the Ottawa area:http://web.ncf.ca/dg300/index3.htmlOn another note, I contacted the RCR Cruise Night rep. to ask him if I could do a gas turbine demo. He was primarily concerned about the noise. We agreed that I would bring it along and then decide if we can set it up somewhere as to not cause too much disturbance.

Gathering June 19 ? See you then.

Yep, June 19th is on. The weather forecast is looking good so far

Yep, June 19th is on. The weather forecast is looking good so far

At this point it looks like we can make it this Wednesday June 19th.

I am going to aim my arrival in the front parking lot(by the main road) around 5-5:15pm. We can aim to get in the car show area as a group around 5:30pm, to ensure we are all parked together. If that doesn't suit someone, speak-up. we can vary that time frame a little. Those attending so far:TurbomarLitoKurtman2seatragtopCenturionFreepjamasmart42

Edited by turbomar

We plan to be there - possibly in our two smarts :-)Guess we need to do some car washing between now and Wednesday!

I won't be able to make it, since it'll be a bit of a drive from St. Petersburg, so people had better take pictures and post them though!

I am going to aim my arrival in the front parking lot(by the main road) around 5-5:15pm. We can aim to get in the car show area as a group around 5:30pm, to ensure we are all parked together. If that doesn't suit someone, speak-up. we can vary that time frame a little. Those attending so far:TurbomarLitoKurtman2seatragtopCenturionFreepjamasmart42

Phew! Good thing I came back to look at the thread. I did not put it into my calendar and almost forgot. I'll try to be there by 5 as well.

I won't be able to make it, since it'll be a bit of a drive from St. Petersburg, so people had better take pictures and post them though!

Allright Flossy, I'll try and remember to take pics. Hope your trip is going smoothly. Will catch you on a future cruise night I'm sure!

Might not make it this time guys :confused: sorry. Have fun!

No worries... Plenty of cruise nights left! ;) Edited by turbomar

So we're all meeting between 5:00-5:15 in the parking lot on Albion, yes?

Can someone please put a google maps link? Sorry... Not very familiar with the area. I'm coming from the Market, so I guess is beyond the airport, right?