Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bilgladstone

Kelowna Mb/smart Valley Rally 2013

17 posts in this topic

From the General manager:

Unfortunately with smart sales dropping down significantly in Canada our budgets for events like these have been scaled back. The good news is that we plan to be back on for a 2014 event though!

I'm disappointed; I was looking forward to this year's rally since I missed it last year. But they're going to do one next year, after the much-awaited 2014 model launches.

January: 34

February: 60

March: 111

April: 114

May: 139

How does this compare to 2012? I couldn't find the numbers.

Bil :sun:

More than 200 less than last year (in which Car2go padded the results).It's a LONG wait until the 2015 model year...

That is really sad news, I was really looking forward to this event

Are you guys still going to the Penticton car show, Mike?Bil :sun:

BilI am still on the fence, but I am leaning strongly towards putting the GT in the Penticton show, I'll keep you posted I have until the 18th to register.Cheers

BilI signed the GT up for the car show this AM, hopefully it will give people a refreshing change from Camaros and Mustangs !!

Two weeks later and I'll be there for the Granfondo Axel Merckx....oh well.

Yeah, same! We have to take the B Class anyway, the bike and 4 people don't fit in a smart!

Well I attended the Peach City Beach Cruise and Car Show The Car turned out great !! post-8286-1372207239_thumb.jpgThe parade was well attended, lots of different types of muscle and sports cars, but only one Smart Car !!The reaction was mixed at best, at some points I was actually booed and told to get my car out of the parade as it was not a real car, but I was determined to finish what I started which was to give people something different.At the show itself I had a good spot on the grass, I heard every comment you could think of good and bad, I was proud to show off my smartie. I hope more Smarts can join in with me next year, I guess we have to start somewhere post-8286-1372207262_thumb.jpg

Wow, after that reception I think I would pass on any participation. Why do some people have to be so hateful?

HiSorry to hear about your reception in the parade. I and my son Andrew were up there on Saturday and had a good look at your car. VERY NICE!! We were glad you were there and in the parade.Roy