Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Graham

List Of Dtc Codes For 450 Cdi

11 posts in this topic

I have tried searching, but have not found a comprehensive list of smart 450 cdi DTC codes. I found some on evilution, but it did not include the ones I was looking for.Is there a list somewhere?In particular, I was looking for P2402, P2414 and C1330. These are all apparently related to the clutch actuator, but I am interested in the exact decription.BTW: We have our smart back with new clutch, actuator, harness and module. It had those codes prior to module installation, but now seems OK. Dealer did some road testing and now I guess we are, until we build back some confidence!

Sorry missed that part that you went on evilution already :wacko: Did you try google'ing them?

I Googled as well as searching evils site and this forum with no luck.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I just googled it aswell.

[*]In 2007 there was a thread dealing with the p2401 & p214 code (Link). Ended up being the clutch actuator

[*]For the C1330 code I found this http://forum.onsmart.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4282. This one ended up being the "Transmission input speed/ rpm sensor"

You might want to talk to Tolson he seems to have interesting ideas, specially since he was the one who dealt with the C1330 code on the uk form before.

Edited by dmoonen

I just googled it aswell.

I had found some of those snippets of information, but was hoping there was a complete list of DTCs somewhere. The codes I listed, were according to the invoice all 'related' to the Clutch Actuator. I just hoped to get a fuller description.

Try to find the Mercedes fault code numbers (5 digits), you will be way more successful finding information online then. If the dealer scanned it they will have factory codes listed on the invoice or hardcopy workorder. The OBD codes mean very little in most cases and only scratch the surface with Mercedes faults, and often generic scan tools only pick up major codes, many more are present but undetected!

Try to find the Mercedes fault code numbers (5 digits), you will be way more successful finding information online then. I

The codes I posted are the ones the Mercedes dealer quoted on the invoice. They are 5 characters and of the format I am used to with my other OBD equipped car (Pxxxx for power train, Cxxxx for chassis) But they are either missing or for different things when I check the full Mercedes DTC lists. Edited by Graham

According to DAS:C1330 - The CAN signals sent from the engine system are implausibleP2402.40h - Transmission blockage: Function FailureP2414 - M18 (Coupling Motor) EOBDI have the DAS procedures, but haven't been setup print to file yet...Hope those codes will help youIzzy

According to DAS:

Thanks Izzy.

For other MB models, there are lists of DTCs that include the MB specific ones. I guess that unless there is a compilation existing, the only way we would get full set of DTCs for smart, would be to collect them as we go? Looks like the DAS Quick Test produces a summary of active codes?

The descriptions are sometimes not very meaningful. For example here is one I have had:

P2256 - External quantity control by ESP.

P2402.40h - Transmission blockage: Function Failure (thanks izzy)

P2414 - M18 (Coupling Motor) EOBD (thanks izzy)

But others are meaningful. Here are some more from a few years back:

B1060 Mileage of instrument cluster < mileage of control unitN10/10 (SAM control unit)

B1410 Cutout of rear window heater due to undervoltage

B1052 Received radio remote control key is outside detection range

B1401 Right turn signal lamp defective

B1400 Left turn signal lamp defective

B1321 Wrong odometer reading

C1560 Function Roller Dynamometer mode active (????????)

C1301 Short circuit or open circuit of CAN wires

C1330 - The CAN signals sent from the engine system are implausible (thanks izzy)

C1340 The engine control unit cannot execute torque request

C1300 CAN bus off

If anyone else has more dtcs, perhaps they could be added here? Unless of course a comprehensive list exists somewhere?

When I get setup for printing to PDFs, I will print the list from DAS for you :)Even though the description may not be very helpful alone, in DAS, once you click on the code, it'll work you through on diagnosing the problem and a list of possibility

When I get setup for printing to PDFs, I will print the list from DAS for you :)

I am sure that would help many here. Thanks!BTW, although I don't have DAS, I do have some similar hardware/software for another car that runs on an old XP computer. I installed cutepdf. It looks like a printer so you just print to it and it saves print job as a pdf file. Edited by Graham