Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

R.I.P. Bil Gladstone

107 posts in this topic

Yes thanks Roy for that.Did any other CSC members get to it in time, that you know of ?

Edited by Coast Steve

I did not see anyone. I was there from 1:15 to about 3PM. Bil's car has been sent to auction. To the outfit that starts with a K that sound sort of Japanese. Bil had a heart attack while at his computer. His ashes will be spread around Kelowna.Roy

Wow, that is brutal, I was wondering what had happened. Aside from his arthritis, he seemed to be in good shape. Thanks for attending and letting us know.

"Cody Auctions"? Only one I can think of that might sound Japanese-ish and starts with a K sound.If so, that's unfortunate... its a very red neck customer base so I can't see a smart going for much, and the family only gets half of what the winning bid is :(I wish I could have paid my respects but I didn't get home from CO until after 10pm last night.I understand family's needs are much more important than ours, but I wish I could have done something.

I think the name is Kajiki or something like that. They drove the car and took all Bil's car parts and oil somewhere in Kelowna to be put on this auction site. Don't know much about how these things work. Still back in the middle of the twentieth century on this stuff.Roy

Oh, Kijiji... its not an auction, that's similar to Craig's list. That's good because then its just basically a classifieds ad and no fees apply. Although, if they took it somewhere, then that's odd... maybe there's a friend that is doing it for them. That's basically what I would have done.

I saw Bil's car posted on Kijiji , here is the ad:

WESTERN STAR AUCTIONS HAS A SMART CAR UP FOR AUCTION THURSDAY JULY 18TH CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE OR VISIT US IN PERSON FOR VIEWING THURSDAY 10 AM UNTIL SALE TIME. #8-730 STREMEL RD KELOWNA. http://www.westernstarauctions.com

Thanks Roy for representing us at Bil's BBQ.

Cheers

JonE Smash

Edited by Mike T
fixed link

Thanks for finding that out Mike and Roy,Here it is all sad and waiting for a new owner.This is my smart. There are many like it, but this one is mine."Bil Gladstone"

post-3704-1374082506_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast Steve

Heart attack while on the computer eh?How much do you want to bet he was on CSC at the time! Good ol Bil ;) He may have been posting about a wacky new idea he had and can only imagine what it wasFrom the mind of Bil's "SkunkWerks" garage (as we sometimes called it)That could be a good name for a new modification and idea section Bil Gladstone's "SkunkWerks" :P

Edited by Coast Steve

Its a shame its gone to auction. If only I wasn't travelling when his sister put out the call for assistance. I doubt it will go for more than $2k at that auction, and the family probably gets half that (if it works the same as the other auction house in town). I hope it works out for them though.

Bil Gladstone's "SkunkWerks" :P

I like that idea!

Heart attack while on the computer eh?How much do you want to bet he was on CSC at the time! Good ol Bil ;) He may have been posting about a wacky new idea he had and can only imagine what it wasFrom the mind of Bil's "SkunkWerks" garage (as we sometimes called it)That could be a good name for a new modification and idea section Bil Gladstone's "SkunkWerks" :P

Excellent idea to commemorate Bil's passion for the smart fortwo !

That's definitely a good idea. Possibly just append it to the existing 450 mods subforum:Modifications and Performance: 450 Model, 2005-2006, diesel - "Bil's Skunkwerks"Or put a little dedication in the descriptive grey text under the subforum name.

Has anyone heard what Bil's "wee smartie" sold for?

Edited by lebikerboy

It doesn't look like it Rick,It should be a good car for someone though.I drove it.Bil drove the GT too. ;)

Taken from a PM Bil sent me.K-town still has my heart - everything is better when the sun shines, of course.Take care, broBil :sun:

Edited by Coast Steve

I drove Wee Smartie too: Bil drove the Canada 1 up the Malahat with my wife in the car while I drove his car solo. His car was quicker and definitely noisier (mine was pre-remap ;))

I was lucky enough to drive Bil's car too! I wish I had the money to buy it...His remap was a bit smoother and faster than mine (Glenn)..but nosier :)

The noise was caused by Bil's "Anaconda" exhaust...I drove "WEE SMARTIE" after we removed the EGRand installed the blocking plate. He didn't like the wayI rev'd the engine though. ;)

I don't think Bil drove his car all that hard like some others I know ...........no names mentioned

I made him feel sick in the GT on a very fast winding road I took him on.I felt SO bad after that.Bil was a very sensible man and loved a sporting drive, but to a point.But sensible in so many ways. I didn't know him well at all but saw it in him. It really shows up in his replies and statements on this forum. Bil Gladstone....you were one of a kind :3tens:

Edited by Coast Steve