Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

R.I.P. Bil Gladstone

107 posts in this topic

Very, very sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family. He will be missed.

As long as his user-id stays active, his list of posts will be a memorial to him.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Bil's posts could almost be published into a whole book.He had over 12,000 posts here I think.You know, to me Bil... WAS Club Smart car.I would check on the forum most days and find what Bil had been talking about and just see who he was helping that day.A Pretty neat guy, one of a kind.God it's going to be so weird not seeing any new postings from him.The world's a little quieter now without your presence Bil, but I miss the sound before.

Edited by Coast Steve

I never got to meet Bil but considered him a friend.so many posts and instant messages back and fourth.we were friends on facebook also. I am sad to hear this news. Bil will be missed.

I chatted with Bil almost daily and several times a day at that. He came out last summer with the little wagon I bought from him and modified a new design for a trailer hitch, then installed it on my car. He spent a week here at the farm and I went all out to treat him like royalty in the finest room with the best I could offer him. Unfortunately, that was the last time I saw him in person. He was a good friend and will be greatly missed.

post-534-1373249422_thumb.jpg

Just plugged back in after a few days away at a lake. Shocked and saddened to see this topic.We will miss you! RIP, Bil Gladstone.

I spoke to Bil's sister Nancy last night and, it sounds like they're planning a backyard get togetheron Sunday July 14. This is in lieu of a service as that wasn't Bil's style. I'll update once I know the detailsfor those interested in attending. As of this moment I plan on going up and back on Sunday.Also, Nancy is planning to sell Bil's "Wee smartie" so if anyone is interested let me know and I'llpass it on.Rick

My condolences to his family and friends. I've always enjoyed reading his posts and learned quite a lot from him about my smart. He seemed like a very genuine person who would go out of his way to lend someone a hand.I regret that I never got to meet the man.R.I.P. Bil.

R.I.P Bil - we exchanged a few pm's over the years and he was always ready and willing to talk smart cars. Bil, you will be missed. Condolences to his family and friends... herbie

Smart cars were a huge part of Bils life.A little bit of him will be with every club members smart drive.

Wow. Bil. Gone. I'm quite a bit in shock. As so often in cases like these, feelings of guilt sink in. I feel bad that I haven't seen him in well over a year, if not two... and I live in the same town as him. I counted him among my friends, but for whatever reason its been a long time. And that really saddens me.I only just found out while I'm here in Colorado for the Smart Car Nationals event... someone else read about it and told me. I couldn't believe it. I still can't really.Being that I live in Kelowna, I'll certainly help his family if I can. I saw that there was a phone number posted a couple pages back and I'll see to calling when I get back to town. Unfortunately that won't be until late on Sunday, so I won't be able to get to the gathering that appears to be planned.Bil.... its too later now, and that's a huge regret for me... but we should get together soon man, its been too long. I wish you peace buddy, I really do.

Well, Bil's sister hasn't called to let me know where and when so I have no newsand guess I won't be going after all...

Just got a text from Nancy:"We are having just a Celebration of Life Gathering. Sunday (tomorrow) at 1pm to 4pm at Bil's step daughter's house. 850 Rowcliff Ave. Kelowna. If anyone else needs more info, call my cell 905-388-0344. All welcome."

Darn, I wish I could have gone (could have done with more advance notice).

No way I can do it now from here.Bil's in out hearts whether we're there or not.

Edited by Coast Steve

Thank you Nancy and Bil's family. Good food and it was nice to meet Bil's family and friends on this sad occasion. Rest in Peace Bil.Roy

I didn't see the message about where and when until Sunday morning.I wasn't feeling 100% so decided against 8 plus hours of driving.Thanks Roy for representing us.RickI'll miss you Bil...