Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fordnut71

Cost Of Windshield Replacement In Ontario?

13 posts in this topic

Any 1 know the price of a new windshield in the toronto area? I just got a chip tonight on the 401 from a truck thought I'd get a filling done tomorrow but on the off ramp it decided to spread. I don't really want to go threw insurance for it as I'm right in the middle of doing a policy change,from my to be ex an don't want to do a claim if I don't have to. Its still the oe windshield,any 1 know of a good shop in the durham or toronto area who have done smarts an no problems.

I had one replaced in Hamilton at Apple Auto glass for $500 + 13% tax (using the old trim) and thought that was a good deal.But I just moved to Calgary and needed a new windshield to pass safety, this set me back $219.99 + New trim $100 + 5% tax =$334 (at 5 Star Auto Glass)Gawd I'm loving Calgary already and only been here just over a week.

I've never paid more than $200 (deductible). Dobson's Glass in Duncan did the one in the green smart about 2 years ago.

Gawd I'm loving Calgary already and only been here just over a week.

I hate to be negative but I had my worst ''smart'' experience in Calgary. It was a year ago and I needed a front bearing replaced. The ''Lonestar'' dealer treated me like dirt. They were far more interested in attending to their Mercedes customers. I made it to Winnepeg and the dealer there was awesome. Like night and day.Good luck!

This is not sounding too good. I got a chip and it started to spread. If you find a decent price please share cause I'll probably have to replace mine soon. :(

Well if you can have it filled id go for that 1st. Thats what i was going to do coming from port hope when it happened,but it spread down under the mirror. I still havent had time to see yet what the cost will be.

Well i got it replaced this afternoon. The shop had me in an out in 45 mins. Im very happy with select auto glass in oshawa, yes a lil plug for em.I got a good price cause we deal with them for work, but for who wants to know it would cost you a lil over $300 from them,an he said hes done over 10 of em before.

How smooth is the urethane seal on the bottom, where it's visible from inside the car?

Liz took Lilbitz in for the windshield replacement today at Speedy Auto Glass in London. Dropped it off at 8. A cab was sent for her 4 hrs later. Total cost, all in, $200 :D

Liz took Lilbitz in for the windshield replacement today at Speedy Auto Glass in London. Dropped it off at 8. A cab was sent for her 4 hrs later. Total cost, all in, $200 :D

Th 200.00 dlls was for the insurance deductible or for the cost of the windshield?