Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evotell

That's Expensive

11 posts in this topic

Just got off the phone with Smart in Calgary and they want $450.00 for a service on my 20111 Passion, sounds outrageous.

It kinda depends on what they are going to do. That would be an expensive oil change :lol: The dealership here in Barrie charges $120/hr labour for a Smarty. What did you want them to do?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just got off the phone with Smart in Calgary and they want $450.00 for a service on my 20111 Passion, sounds outrageous.

Yes it is! But there's a solution. It's called: Do it yourself! And believe me, you will realy save alot of money. ;) Edited by dieselkiki

Call up Mikasa in red deer and see what they say...good service there. Would love to help, but I leave AB today :(

It kinda depends on what they are going to do. That would be an expensive oil change :lol: The dealership here in Barrie charges $120/hr labour for a Smarty. What did you want them to do?

B service

Given that they have to get specs for a car from more than 18000 years in the future, it sounds pretty reasonable to me :P

I was quoted 280 by Midtown MB in Toronto, but they don't work on Saturdays, so I went to Markham MB.. turned out to be 350...I thought the prices are consistent among the corporate stores. :angry: For crying out loud, they just change the oil and a couple of filters..I think I'll start do8ng it myself now next time. Does it effect warranty at all?

$450 is outrageous for a B service.... I've given up servicing at dealers quite a long time ago. My patience was lost at MB Broadway..... The only dealer i take a smart to now is TPM in Victoria..... and now that I am down to one our of warranty car.... Fasteddy should anticipate a visit at some point.

There is nothing hard and fast about the scope of a B service. My last B service cost about $190 plus tax. An earlier one cost $358.Why the difference? The earlier one included a water separator. It cost about $125, I believe.I usually ask then to call me if there is anything extra that needs doing. Or they just list the items on the invoice because they know I like to do some of my own work (although seldom on the smart car)

Victoria Star Motors in Kitchener charges $120 for an oil change too. That's absurd for less than 4 litres of oil and filter! Even if they use the most expensive oil out there the material cost is only $50 - that means they're charging $70 in labour. Fortunately my ED doesn't require oil changes. They told me my A service would be about $120.