Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ruadh

Winter Tires

20 posts in this topic

I find this rather odd.Apparently Michelin doesn't make a tire for our cars. Our cars are built in France, no?Michelin is French also, no?Are Continental tires any good? I've had trouble with them in the past, but that might be just me.I'm thinking of ordering from Flying Tiger.

Edited by Ruadh

I too wish Michelin made smart sizes....however, they don't so that's that. Continentals are OK but not the best, that's for sure. I used to run Continental TS670 and TS800 winter tires on another smart cdi as well as a set of Hankook winter tires. I preferred the Continentals. I have Michelin Pilot winter and summer tires on my B 200 and Michelins also on my 404.

Pretty sure there is a Michelin/Conti connection...but I also wish I could use some Michelin Xice tires on my smart.

Please do not bump this thread again for at least 3 more months!*already depressed*;)

I have the Blizzaks and they are very good tires. We didn't have our normal snow fall last year but, the way the weather is going here in Southern Ontario, it won't be long <_<

+2 for the WS60 Blizzaks. I drive all over for work and never had a problem to date.

The best winter tires I put on my smart are "GT radial champiro winterpro" but unfortunately, they are hard to find now. But these tires was just awsome even with 1/4 tread left, they was still better than my previous continental. This the only make of tires with I drove about 3 winters with.

Edited by dieselkiki

If you feel like crossing the border, I have found tirerack.com to have the best prices on the Blizzacs.

Edited by KurtMan

If you feel like crossing the border, I have found tirerack.com to have the best prices on the Blizzacs.

Thanks Kurt, but I'm in Edmonton and that's just too far to go for tires.

Even without crossing the border, it's cheaper. I got the Michelin Pilot summer tires for my B 200 there.

I ran a set of Izen Stud on my Saturn years ago, they were great in heavy snow, fairly useless on ice.

They were a stud-able tire but in southern Ontario studs are not allowed. The next season I switched to X-Ice tires, they were far superior on ice and almost as good in heavy snow.