Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartnhappy

Tuesday September 03rd, 2013 @ 6:00pm

13 posts in this topic

September's outing is a tough one because it falls the day after Labour Day.

To make things easy, Glenn and I figure local is best (local to most that is, relatively local for others).

Beertown is new to London. They have over 100 beer selections and what appears to be a very extensive menu.

Recently written up in the London Free Press, they are located near Masonville Mall @ 109 Fanshawa Park Road East.

I think it's a good fit for us due to proximity and the wide selection of food offered.... oh, and the beer.

Everybody will need to wind down from the long weekend, so sign up to enjoy good food with good people.... oh, and the beer.

Link to Beertown's Website

Someone famous once said, "If you don't like the taste of beer, you just haven't tried enough flavours."

And please remember to drink responsibly. We do not encourage drinking and driving.

Sign-Up

1. Bill

FYI.... this month's venue should in no way preclude anyone that doesn't like or drink beer.It was chosen mainly because it's new with good reviews, and it's located fairly central to most area folks.While Beertown does have a wide selection of beers, they offer a large and varied menu important to our monthly outings.Remember... it's the people that make our get-togethers successful, not the venue.So come on out. We'll all need a little relaxation after the long weekend, right? :D Sign-Up1. Bill2. Liz & Glenn3. Joe & Heather4. Ron5. William6.7.8.9.10.11.12.

Reservation has been made for a dozen at 6PM today, under the name 'Smart Cars'.See y'all there.Sign-Up1. Bill2. Liz & Glenn3. Joe & Heather4. Ron5. William6. Dave & Lu7.8.9.10.

We will see you tonight, sometime after 6:00, likely more towards 6:30....Sign-Up1. Bill2. Liz & Glenn3. Joe & Heather4. Ron5. William6. Dave & Lu7. Ralph & Monica8.9.10.11.12.

We will see you tonight, sometime after 6:00, likely more towards 6:30....Sign-Up1. Bill2. Liz & Glenn3. Joe & Heather4. Ron5. William6. Dave & Lu7. Ralph & Monica8.Brenda (WayCool)9.10.11.12.

We're up to a dozen, but we'll make room for more.Sign-Up1. Bill2. Liz & Glenn3. Joe & Heather4. Ron5. William6. Dave & Lu7. Ralph & Monica8. Brenda (WayCool)9.10.11.12.

Edited by smartnhappy

Hope everyone had a good time. I know I did. I think the head count was 13 or 14.Food was fine and the beer selection was amazing.I wondered what Dead Elephant IPA tasted like. I now know.... blah!I once tried a New Zealand wine called something like Cat Pee in a Bush or Cat Piss in a Tree.... it tasted like it too!Maybe I'll learn not to be taken in by a catchy name. Although I might try Indian Moccasin Ale someday.As we all discussed, I'll look into a group tour of the HMCS Ojibwa submarine in Port Burwell for the October's outing.Watch for details.