Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

''e'' Box Problems

30 posts in this topic

How much slack do you have in the wires going to the E-Box?Re-siting it would be an idea, not sure about that particular position.Higher up the bulkhead or under the dash would be my personal favourite.

My concern with keeping it on the firewall, is that you then keep it potentially exposed to leaks from a badly sealed replacement windshield (Your response being, "then get the windshield resealed properly!". My point being to prefer no damage to the electronics in this potential scenario at all). Here's a picture I just went and took that should give you some context (and feel free to use if so desired):post-4936-1405031763_thumb.jpgThe bundle of wires that go to the Ebox actually comes out of the centre console there to begin with (I think it starts it's life at the SAM? Haven't bothered to trace it's start point). There is obviously enough slack to mount it to the firewall at about that same level, but there isn't a huge amount more than that, meaning you probably couldn't go significantly higher. With minor bending of the attached metal mounting bracket on the ebox, it fits snugly into the centre tower and doesn't move around.

I think my iPod connector box is in that area!