Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lito

Fuelly.com Engine Setup

8 posts in this topic

When setting up my preferences, for my 451 it asked which of the following gas engine types: L1, L2, L4. What does that mean?... Clearly it must be something about european models (?). I just checked L1 for now; I hope that was right.

There can be no such thing as an L1; that would mean one cylinder in line (with what??). Silly 'mericans!

Oy vey, and what car these days has an inline twin engine????I must be wrong. Maybe just don't fill anything out. I prefer spritmonitor anyway.

I have L3 on my profile... I wonder why you can't...

Edited by Ofeu

My bad. I figured out how and fixed it.FYI, I did not know that L"x" meant number of inline cylinders. I thought it was associated with capacity in litres and that's why I had selected L1. It'll only be a problem the day I forget more in a day, than what I'd learned the day before ;)

One thing that I despise about that website is the way the engine size/type is stated.There is no filtering for plausibility. A lot of people don't even know what they have. No doubt some people just fill in anything, whether as a joke or because they honestly don't know. It should only be possible to select engine types/sizes that are actually available on a given model.And ... There's no way to address different engine sizes and types. A Honda Civic can have either the base 1.8 litre engine or the much more powerful (and thirsty) SI's 2.4 litre engine. They are both inline fours. A VW Golf can have the base 2.0 or the more powerful 1.8 Turbo or the GTI's 2.0 Turbo ... all inline fours!