Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Graham

Independent Smart Repair Shops.

12 posts in this topic

Reading these forums, Independent smart repair shops are mentioned from time to time. But only one or two seem to have promoted their capabilities under Self Promotion. What would perhaps be useful, would be a sticky that lists all known smart repair facilities. Perhaps both official and independent. Even moonlighters who are willing to help could be added.Could be useful for new owners and for those travelling.Does such a list exist, or would someone be prepared to produce one?

That's a good start, but how did you find it? I checked the clubsmartcar.com opening page, did a "find" for anything starting with wik and nothing is found. Then opened forum page and same thing. What am I missing??Perhaps there should be a SERVICE sticky under General or Maintenance and Operation pointing to wherever that wiki is located. It would be good if the wiki or stiki was promoted, perhaps on site's first page, so others could add more shops and newcomers would find it easily.

I totally agree that the linked list is great, but in a rather obscured place in terms of making it easy to find.

Well the article section is the summery of the form with just the information you need rather then full on conversations. :) I do admit if you don't know where it is located its hit and miss until you get it. Maybe a mod can add a sticky to operation and maintenance it would also help or maybe a add a new category under the forms general page or maybe on the noobie introduction note Just throwing out some ideas

Edited by dmoonen

Maybe a mod can add a sticky to operation and maintenance

Done!

Great - Should now be easier to find. And definitely 451 should have link too. I imagine there are a lot more 451s these days and many would now be coming off warranty.Hopefully other indies will be added to list.

The reason it was kind of buried is to be able to have it as a wiki, any regular member can edit all those topics under "Articles". Top right of every CsC page.

Excellent to see it pinned, we should have done it already. The original wiki can be seen and edited here

Have a peek around the different articles. Some good stuff there, all a collaborative effort. So join in!

Edited by smart142