Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yukoner

Another Egr Query

5 posts in this topic

So if one can clear the "emotionally disturbed" code by unplugging the electrical connector and replacing it with the shunt that's already been discussed, what's the point of blanking off the EGR flange? The damn thing's plugged anyway.Comments?

Edited by yukoner

If you choose to use an emulator there is no need to plug the egr port as long as the valve is not seized open.Most ppl plug the egr port while keeping the valve functioning(electrically connected to ecu) as to not trigger codes.

Three options really:

[*]Emulator to stop the code (temporay solution)

[*]EGR+Emulator+Cheater Plate while EGR still in place. (to pass visual inspections) (better solution)

[*]Complete EGR delete (best solution)

Once you have build up it will keep on going and rob you of performance. I deleted mine just because its one less thing to maintain and a bunch of other reasons too.

Click here for what I did: http://www.smartmaniacs.co.uk/showthread.p...1006-EGR-Delete

Edited by dmoonen

Three options really:

[*]Emulator to stop the code (temporay solution)

[*]EGR+Emulator+Cheater Plate while EGR still in place. (to pass visual inspections) (better solution)

[*]Complete EGR delete (best solution)

Once you have build up it will keep on going and rob you of performance. I deleted mine just because its one less thing to maintain and a bunch of other reasons too.

Click here for what I did: http://www.smartmaniacs.co.uk/showthread.p...1006-EGR-Delete

So I get that people do the EGR delete because it causes problems at some point. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this. Are there performances gains are losses. Is it difficult to do. I'm guessing that Mercedes would not do this procedure. Inquiring minds blah blah blah

On that link I posted before it has a bunch of information. The only disadvantage is more emissions.Mercedes won't do it, it's like an hour job once you have the materials. Reality most people on the diesel bombers form stick in the cheater plate (loosen two screws and stick it in) and attach the emulator. It's a bit of a more restricting flow but still does the job just fine. Removing it entirely is the next step up.

Edited by dmoonen