Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swl

Electric Drive Availablility/pricing

6 posts in this topic

I thought I would pass on the results of my availability/pricing on the electric drive in case others are contemplating. I had received estimates of next spring before units would be available from the independents but when you ask the corporate stores you find out uncommitted units are in the country now. Most are the 'Design Package' - White on Electric Green - fancy white wheels. It is in the one you see in most online pictures. Most have a standard configuration with the Touring Package, Multimedia touchscreen, Ambient lighting and Panoramic Roof.MSRP for that configuration is $29,475.Existing smart owners get a $2,000 loyalty incentive. Other MB owners get $1,000There is also a $1,000 discount for a Level II charger but you don't have to provide any proof of charger purchase - it is a straight discount.In Ontario, the taxpayers kick in $8,500. MB will let you assign that rebate to them and they do all the work.So factor all that in, plus $1800 or so in delivery and other charges, plus $2,700 in HST ...Drive it off the lot price is $23,4453 year 12,000 km lease is $287/month with about $2,600 down.Also of note, in Ontario the tax payers also kick in for your LII charger. 50% of actual costs up to $1,000. Chargers can be had for $700 plus installation fees. Installation fees of course car vary wildly based on your panel and routing the cable to the garage. The installation of a charger can be done by any electrician - not much different than hooking up a dryer outlet.

Edited by swl

Indeed! And that is with about $2,500 in options. Keep in mind though that the good people of Ontario are really driving that price down with the Gov't Rebates. Controversial for sure but I won't turn it down if it is there.I also understand that smart is losing thousands on each EV sold. Again, I don't care - lease it and the long term viability is not my concern.I really think smart will take a significant market share with this car just based on the 'least expensive BEV' title.

The base price is $26,600. So with all those incentives you wind up cheaper than the gasoline counterpart.

I priced a Cab and was told that the loyalty rebate of $2k was onlly for coupes and that it was only $1000 on cabs. Is the merc rebate cummulative?

Unless it changed May 1st (the old promo ended April 30th), the loyalty rebate is $2000 for ICE smarts, but only $1000 for the ED -- either coupe or convertible.