Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

online economy tracking

61 posts in this topic

No, you wouldn't do that, you'd just click on a button and read the site in English. The data doesn't change. Except if you were trying to enter dollar values converted to euros... but other than that, I can't think of any other changes. That's the beauty of databases. You can change the faceplate at will.

No, you wouldn't do that, you'd just click on a button and read the site in English. The data doesn't change. Except if you were trying to enter dollar values converted to euros... but other than that, I can't think of any other changes. That's the beauty of databases. You can change the faceplate at will.

Then I am in love with the idea......

Hey, that seemed straight forward enough. Thanks!

So, what if I make a mistake when I enter something and realize it after the fact?

I assume I need to enter a full tank before it will do a calculation?

Hey, that seemed straight forward enough. Thanks!

So, what if I make a mistake when I enter something and realize it after the fact?

I assume I need to enter a full tank before it will do a calculation?

You can always go back to correct any errors you may have made after the fact, so don't worry. You will need to make at least one tank for the program to do calculations. I like that you have both vehicles listed .... I like it alot ...... I like it so much maybe I will add my F-150 as a joke ........

OK, how can I go back and correct errors?? I tried...

I also have 4 partial tanks for the Windstar - do I need to fill to get numbers displaying??

Thanks!

In order to correct errors in your fuel inputs or dates go to Betankungen and click on the date of the displayed error ...

i.e. say you put in the incorrect amount of fuel on July 12... go to Betankungen and then click on that date. The info you put in on that date will display, correct the error and then hit Anderungen speichern to resave the data as corrected

Partial tanks can be used as long as you are always doing your fills the same .... you can use a half fill, full fill or quarter fill as long as when you refuel you always refill to the same level i.e. stop at automatic shutoff for the Windstar, in the smart I always refill right to the lip........ always the same.

I hope this is usefull.....

Thank you, I think I must have been in the wrong window or something, it wouldn't let me click on the date..

Fixed now.

Can hardly wait for my next tank!

So, if we fill our tanks right to the lip it holds 23 or 24 L - doesn't it? Should we set our tank size accordingly in spritmonitor?? What do others do?

(Love my first tank! 4.1 Yippie!)

Thanks, Mike! I was pleased, too, since I was expecting something in the 5l/11km range. I think it is accurate because I did a fill-to-lip before and after. Still have this nagging feeling that maybe the next fill will show it all wrong..... (no, please...)

Having said that - not at all pleased with how the van turned out! Finally figured out how to get that one to work.

4.1 for the smart <====> 22.1 for the windstar!

Gadzooks! I knew the van was bad - but 5X Youchie! I'm certain that one is accurate as well - I double checked it by a different method in Excel. Now I really don't want to drive the van!!

By the way, DropDeadRed's suggestion for running spritmonitor.de through the translator works quite well, also. It's a little humorous at times and doesn't come with Mike's insights but it is quite helpful.

http://www.worldlingo.com/en/websites/url_translator.html

I've been converting my $ into Euro as well.

Anyone know of a converter for L/100km to MPG? I saw one once but I can't find it now.

100 divided by L 100/km multiplied by 4.545 divided by 1.609

Thank you. I entered that into Excel and it works like a charm.

It works out to 68 for the smart and YIKES: 13 for the van...

Can you add a car to the list if it doesn't exist? Saturn is not one of the car companies and I want to add my Saturn VUE to the website.

Can you add a car to the list if it doesn't exist? Saturn is not one of the car companies and I want to add my Saturn VUE to the website.

put it down as any other car and in the additional features mention the make and model

Holy crap, way too complicated. I can't figure this out at all, and I get these weird SQL errors every time I click something... :(

Oh well.

-Iain

Does anyone know if there is a way to input existing data WITHOUT having to manually key it all in? I've been keeping fuel data in Excel for my cars for years, and if there was a way to enter the existing data easily, I would do so. I did see mention (here) that from that site it would be possible to bring the data over to Excel, but how about the other direction? Anyone?

Thanks...

Eldor

I re-entered all my Peugeot data manually, but it was in a black notebook, not an excel file...

Does anyone know if there is a way to input existing data WITHOUT having to manually key it all in?

Check this out. spritmonitor has a CSV feature for input and output. Using DropDeadRed's notes, can you massage your data enough and export it to match their format? bwa-hey!

Check this out. spritmonitor has a CSV feature for input and output. Using DropDeadRed's notes, can you massage your data enough and export it to match their format? bwa-hey!

Thanks Spinner!

I've joined that site already and on the front page did see that they offer a CSV export and IMPORT for the data, so it's just a question of working out the details. At least I'm not going to have to retype several years of data.

And thanks very much for that link... it's very helpful.

Cheers!

Eldor

I finally got the SprintMonitor setup for our Saturn VUE. I couldn't do it before because saturn didn't exist as a car company. But, I saw that MattDaddy but his VUE under "Crazy Vehicles".