Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smartmex

Maintenance Indicator In Smart Diesel 2006

9 posts in this topic

Does anybody know how to remove the double wrench indicator? I tried by using the method for the single wrench indicator but did not work.Thanks

The same procedure for single and double wrench indicators works for both.

Resetting the oil change timer

1 Switch on ignition. (But do not start car!)

2. Select maintenance indicator (so it's in the display) within the first 4 seconds.

3. Switch off the ignition within the display period of 10 seconds. (Maintenance should remain in the display).

4. Push the service button (button on the left of the cluster) and hold it while you switch the ignition on.

5. Hold the service button depressed for another 10 seconds. After that the oil change interval display is reset.

6. After completing this task, the display shows the remaining distance (startup distance) for the next maintenance interval.

Find someone with a SnapOn Verus Pro (with Euro Package) I use it for all Euro car Maitainence lights...I can do the smart manually if I look it up but the Verus is way quicker

Thanks for your comments. I´ll try again the procedure and let you know if I was able to remove the two wrenches indicators. On another subject, suddenly my car (Smart Diesel 2006) has an oil leakage. It is a minor drop I find every morning.Any clues where the oil is leaking? Thanks!

Is it on the left side of the engine, actually on the transmission casing, and the oil is black? If so: it's probably the intercooler, which has a hole chafed in it. Very common problem, sadly. It's a $800 job at a dealer.

1 person likes this

Hi I have a city pulse 2004 and am trying to reset my service indicators. I have two flashing spanners and -37.

I have tried the suggestions indicated below, switching on within 4 seconds and holding button for 10 seconds,. I have been trying this for over half an hour without success.

I only have one button on the left hand side of the mileometer. Wonder if you could help me please?

Whatever I do the spanners just keep flashing and no indication of any distance before the next service,

Would be grateful for any help please?

Many thanks

to reset the service indicator:-

1. Switch on ignition. (But do not start car!)

2. Select maintenance indicator (so it's in the display) within the first 4 seconds - double click the button on the speedo

3. Switch off the ignition within the display period of 10 seconds. (Maintenance should remain in the display).

4. Push the service button (button on the left of the cluster) and hold it while you switch the ignition on.

5. Hold the service button depressed for another 10 seconds. After that the oil change interval display is reset.

6. After completing this task, the display shows the remaining distance (startup distance) for the next maintenance interval.

NOTE>>>>>>you must get the 2nd step at 2 seconds, shut off and at 2 seconds turn back on while holding the reset button and continue to hold in until wrenches dissapper then shut off