Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlossyTheSmart

Mystery Run 2014 - Celebrate The 10th Anniversary Of Smart In Canada

142 posts in this topic

Thanks again Max for pulling off yet another great Mystery Run. Nice to see a lot of new faces participating , and seeing some great areas of Prince Edward County. Had a good trip home even through Toronto.John & Elaine

Great job Max!! To all that I met on the run your all wonderful people. I had a lot of fun this weekend, look forward to the next one as well asmeeting you all again! :)

Edited by Wild!

First run for us, and it won't be our last! We had a great time, it far exceeded our expectations! Last but not by any means least, KUDOS TO MAX for his outstanding route planning.Sue and Rick :)

Ok, THAT'S a cool picture! I'll crop that down and throw it into the top banner rotation!

Caught on camera for the very first time! Look in the foreground, a bit to the right is a tall fellow caught using a hand held device able to open a rift in space/time and appears to enter a not so Smart world?

You're da man Max! OMG! that was one awesome meet and it was great to see everyone. The weather was perfect and the countryside of Prince Edward County was just stunning. Thanks again to Max for all the hard work and the time to map this route out! Max even timed out the train crossing right down to the minute LOL! 😜Noah, Thank you for the hats and representing Mercedes Benz and you did a spectacular job on the find raising! Blair and John

Edited by yyzboyz

What can I say that hasn't already been said? .... A terrific run with loads of interesting stops and beautiful scenery everywhere!

It was wonderful to see familiar faces from Mystery Runs of the past and new ones. :welcome: to all the new participants who experienced this run for the first time.

Shortly after the start of the Saturday portion, a non-entrant (in a smart) was waiting to enter the main road that we were on. He told me he was waiting to enter the flow of traffic when he saw another smart. He was "Hey! another smart! ..... Oh, another one! .....Wait a minute, there's more! :o ... Holy cow!.. gotta find out what this is all about" He pulled into line when there was a space and followed us all to the first stop on our run. Once we were all stopped, he got out and asked. He was told, feel free to follow along and join in the fun .... He did.

Below are a few of the 100+ photos I took at the two day event. Others have already post some similar ones, so I have left them out.

The first photo is a young lady who just came to Timmie's to get a coffee and was like "What the Heck???" Nice wrap job made from photos she had personally taken. She was not able to join us, because she was getting ready to head out for British Columbia. .... Pity ....

Photo #2 is Max, the mastermind, planner and orchestrator of the Mystery Run.

Photos #3 & 4 is the group taking a breather.

Photo #5 is our first stop (I'm in deeeeeep doo doo .. didn't bring any product home for my choco-holic other half)

Photos 6 & 7 are at the second stop at Church Key Brewing

Photo #8 is a WW2 Halifax Bomber at the RCAF Trenton Museum.

Photo #9 is another view of the Halifax Bomber.

Photo #10 is one of many jets in the outdoor display.

Photo #11 is the start of Sundays portion of the Run.

Photos 12,13 & 14 are most of the group on the ferry.

Photos 15 to 20 are rescued critters at Sandy Pines Wildlife Centre.

Photos 21 to 23 are at the Mackinnon Brothers Brewers. Final stop on the tour.

May I also add a big thank you to Noah and MB for the MB supplied e-bike!

post-7529-1407163670_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407163775_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407163905_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407163921_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407163974_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407164326_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407164352_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165482_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165541_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165559_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165589_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165707_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165722_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165738_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165780_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165893_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165917_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165932_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165949_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407165974_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407166286_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407166306_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1407166329_thumb.jpg

I can only add to the chorus of thankyous to Max, Karen, Noah (who took over representing MB Canada), the overwhelmed staff at every one of our stops and a personal Thank You and man-hug to Ron (Leadwing) for not only transporting a car full of wheels and tires both ways from and to London, but also for helping me get them swapped onto the car at midnight Saturday in Trenton.It was great to finally put faces to names and handles, see all the unique, rare and personalized smarts, and to meet new members. This was my first Ontario meet -- I've done a couple of CsQ events and the Pitt Meadows (BC) performance driving event a bunch of years ago -- and I can tell you is won't be my last! What a great group of smarties!

wow!!!! nices photos guys!!!! looks like you had fun!!!btw (random question), what are those headlights on that silver 451 brabus? i want that hahahaha

btw (random question), what are those headlights on that silver 451 brabus? i want that hahahaha

The term to search for would be "angel eyes". You can see them on my car too in one of the pictures (although the ones on the 451 are better quality, and are able to fit 2 in each headlight!)I guess I also forgot to throw in the thanks to Karen and Jake for the fantastic shirts they made for the event. Thank you! Fantastic quality as always!Also, big thanks to smart Canada for providing the hats and pins to all the participants! (And obviously the eBike too, as previously mentioned!)

Barb and I would like to add our thank you to Max for all his work in organizing this successful event.We would also like to thank Noah and smart Canada for their generous donation of the electric bicycle, hats, pins and door prizes.It was great to hang out with smart minded people!Barb and Ed

An update on day 2 of our 'Run'.

Today, by snail-mail, I received a "Thank You" note from the Sandy Pines Wildlife Centre.

For those who can't read the written text, it says,

"Thank you so much for thinking of the ‘Wild Ones’ and donating so generously.

Our new clinic is underway.

Please thank your wonderful participants."

It's nice to know the donation went to a good cause and even nicer to know that the people who run the clinic appreciated our gift.

post-7529-0-59899800-1409149959_thumb.jp

post-7529-0-41817500-1409149973_thumb.jp

2 people like this

That's awesome! If I didn't just move into a condo, one of the Dogs would have been coming home with me! :)

Finally, after a complicated delivery, the Ebike was delivered to me by Star motors of Ottawa. Pretty well everything that could go wrong did just that. I can't complain since the bike was given to me. The bike didn't come in the color I was offered but it did come with options I didn't have to pay for like the cargo rack, remote regen/assist control, front air suspension, upgraded seat and hand pump to adjust the front suspension. The bike will have to go back to the dealership for a headlight lens replacement and a reprogramation to set the max cruise speed to 28kph. Riding the bike is very cool specially in assist level 4.

If you would like to know more about the Ebike, here's a nice review of it:

When the front brakes are initially applied, the bike goes into regen level 3 mode, which means the actual braking is done by the rear wheel

post-13038-0-85873800-1409965221_thumb.jpg

Edited by turbomar
3 people like this