Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huronlad

More Issues With Gm Vehicles

9 posts in this topic

More issues with GM vehicles.

This is something we don't see every day," said one dealer who asked not to be identified since he shared the internal document. "To not be given a reason must mean GM has spotted an issue and is still trying to get its arms around it.

In total, the company has recalled 3.3 million vehicles around the globe since mid-February, with the majority of those sold in the U.S.

Link

I think they'll survive. They have three cars on the moon. My highly complicated Volt has been back to the dealer once in 37K's of driving. I don't have a BIG THICK folder of repair orders like my smart generated, right from the first service.

The company's attitude is the biggest problem, other than having rather boring cars to sell. Good luck to Barra.

It took a week, hours spent on the phone with GM customer service and having to deal with 3 different dealerships for my sister to get a loaner for her recalled Ion.

Agree with all. I had a Pontiac Vibe and a Toyota Corolla both affected by the same front window problem. (Glass becomes loose from the regulator gutter, cracks and could get blown into the cabin). They both called for a small bag of 4 vinyl lock nuts as the fix, along with about an hour labor. But the way they were handled was drastically different. Toyota: "No problem, when do you want it done? Sure. Can do." GM: "Well, we looked at the problem, we can offer 1/2 the labor cost; you need a window regulator, because this issue was already fixed on you car" etc etc And only when I kept pushing that this is a safety issue and my kids are driving this car and wasted 3 + hours on the phone did I get satisfactory resolution like I did with Toyota in 5 minutes.I'm not a GM customer service fan.

If Mercedes had sold that many smarts, just think how many of them would have been recalled? I'm thinking about the door latches, for example. And I guess the faulty air conditioning leaking into the atmosphere wouldn't have been too impressive for a high quality firm like Daimler-Benz.

Neither of those defects will kill you though.