Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dalplex

What A Set Of 15" Spikeline Will Cost?

12 posts in this topic

I always thought spikeline is referring to 16" but it seems I am wrong. Recently I noticed a set of them and interest so much that I was hooked. The question is what is the fair cost of ownership? Thanks.

spikeline is 16 inch.strikeline is 15 inch.Both have three double spoke design.I have a spare set of strikelines but I don't think I want to sell them. They're probably worth $550 or 600 used in good condition - new they're a bit more than twice that at Flying Tiger. They do look fantastic on the car. Fuel consumption goes up about 0.2 L/100 km.spikelines are crazy expensive, over $3000 new. They really are too much tire for the car, but they look amazing. Fuel consumption will take a 0.4 L/100 km hit.

That was what I was thinking too. However. There areb15" spikeline available. Not from smart, but some raplica knockout.

May be I was confused between them. They looks so close. The one I noticed might be the strikeline. Which explained why they are 15".

On the strikeline, the normal tire fitting is 175/55-15 front and 195/50-15 rear, so they're not regular width. The front rims of the strikeline are 5 inches wide, and the rears are 6.5 inches wide.The spikelines will let you get some more radical tires for the car, but that's only going to be helpful if you want to spend nearly three times as much on them compared to strikelines.I know about the pseudo-spikelines but I am not a big fan of those. I prefer the OE wheels.

How about 16" spike line with 195/45/r16 rubber, 1100 pounds shipped from smart stuff? Overall is about 2100$ still 1000 off from domestic?

You can buy a parts car, even a working one that needs some love for that price. Why not just by a normal set of used rims from Kijiji with rubber you'll be looking at around $500. Personally if I have that money to burn I'd go with a three to five bold adapter and a set of rims for the same price IMO and you get a more of a custom look.