Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smarttech

Track Day

22 posts in this topic

i track day lots in the summer...never with other smarts... would be awsome to have a all smart time attack :Dusualy when i lap... im against porsches, amg merc, gti, rs4 audi etc etc etc...in the bends... im up there with a gti golf... but im missing the power out of the bends in the straight....hopefully this year with my new set-up i can kick some bum hahahaha

I'm down, Another week and the Brabus should be completely finished with all its mods :) Just post a date and I can make plans on coming down.

I did some 'hot' laps at Deleware Speedway a few years back during an MS society charity track event.What a hoot!! Makes ya feel a little Mario'ish.I'd suggest everybody that's interested should jump at the opportunity.

I dont have a date... cuz its a lot of $$$ to rent a track.... so I wanted to ask around first...Now that I see its positive maybe in july?

Posted (edited) · Report post

im looking at 2 places....sanair racetrack or st-eustache raceway...there is icar also... but waaaaaay to $$$$it should be 100$ a pop give or take for the whole day.... (with safety personnel, time watcher etc)as soon as i have the official 100% price and confirmation i will come back on thatim still thinking if i should invite the fiat and mini clubs... have a eco showdown hahahahaand kick some fiat butt ;)

Edited by smarttech

Awesome! I may have to bring my french speaking girlfriend as my french skills don't exist :( Is it per person or per car?

Per car..Your paying for the car... on the track... ;)And I just found out... it wont be st-eustacheIf we want the track for us... all day... 3800$ flat rateAnd some racing school just booked all of july :(No place until october :(Thats saying we have to be 38 cars to have it at 100$ :oAnyways... im looking at other tracks... I will keep everyone updated

Sanair is 100$ per car too. But i don't know we need to have a minimum car reservation.

Ya... and its open track... :(Last time I was down... it was cool passing golf gti in the bends...But uncool being passed on the straights by porsches and amgs hahaha

Perhaps smart Canada and/or one of the local smart dealers may be interested in helping out financially? 10th anniversary and all.

Maybe, but we already have something schedule for the 10th anniversary at the end of the summer.

Posted (edited) · Report post

yep ;) we have a secret (for now...) activity coming up in august for the quebec smartsi will be posting all the info next week :)i have many fun stuff planned for everyone hehe

Edited by smarttech