Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lito

Wiper Blades For 451

7 posts in this topic

In the past i would have just gone to Canadian Tire and bought whatever looked good. Is the Smart any different? Any advise on what's best?I remember reading something about honda blades someplace here, but searching didn't help much :(

Like the low profile OEM. 20$/pair from local just not on par at all.

You mean... They are only $20 at the dealer?!?!? Wow... I guess my search is over in that case.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I use Trico Force wiper blades on my sports car and the Smart. A bit more money, high quality, high speed performance. Canadian tire sells them for about $26 + tax

Edited by turbomar

Posted (edited) · Report post

We seem to get stung in the UK for genuine parts at the Mercedes/Smart dealers.I only buy genuine Smart wipers, and they are £32 total for the pair. That's $54 (US).Only downside of the wiper design on the Fortwo, is a possible clash of blades. (its not that rare an event)Got it on my previous 450 and now on my 451.Two reasons for them banging together.....Rain with Side winds...Cause: Wind, Remedy:tend to use intermittent only, to cut down on chances of blades hitting each other.Rain after parking under trees...Cause: stickiness of sap, Remedy: clean the tree sap off the Windscreen.The eccentricities of being a Smart Fortwo Owner :D

Edited by Colsmart