Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mtgastank

450 Muffler

12 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! Hoping you guys can help me once again! My 450 needs a muffler and MB wants $490 and tax, ouch!!!! That's just for the part. Anyone know of another option? Thanks again, you guys are awesome!!!

Message Dmoonen, looks like he has an awesome custom unit he makes. I'm sure he will chime in soon when he sees your post. Otherwise your local muffler shop like "Carline" should be able to make up a muffler setup for half the M-B price.

Too bad shipping is so expensive...I have one lying around that you can probably have! No rust holes.

I'm out of commission until I make the transition into the new shop and get all setup again, the new generation ones will be quite a bit different and quitter but wont be available until I'm setup again and do some testing.

That is the deal of the century, the muffler costs $990 normally. They must be offering some good will. The muffler contains an emission part, hence the price it is all in one catalytic converter/muffler.

....which you don't want because our cars don't have the EU-4 engine controls to periodically cleanse the filter, so it would clog and that'd be that.

I'm out of commission until I make the transition into the new shop and get all setup again, the new generation ones will be quite a bit different and quitter but wont be available until I'm setup again and do some testing.

Hey Mr! Wondering if you got into your new shop? I'm still in need of a muffler for my 450. If you would like to e-mail me my address is mtgastank@hotmail.com Thanks,Mike.

Out of commission until the late fall no time to be in the shop until business dies down, sorry guys.

Likewise, I need a muffler! But, I think it will last unitl D' get back-up and running. These days, if business is good, run with it!! :lol: