SmartEdge

Aftermarket Cruise Control For Smart City Flame

11 posts in this topic

Hi,I was reading some of the older threads and I'm wondering if I can add Cruise Control to my City Flame.It has paddle shifters and I think I saw that this somehow causes a problem with installation?I'm not too picky on which system I get (MDC vs 451). I see that the Area 451 is sold in Canada and it gets discounted periodically, which sounds more tempting overall.I'm putting about 5K a month on my little bumble bee... so I'm interested in a leg saver..

Hi Huronlad,Does your 2011 have the paddle shifters? That's the part I found a little confusing.

smart states that you can not have factory paddles and factory cruise together in the 451. It was possible in the 450, so I do not think this is totally legit.The aftermarket cruises can be added to a car with paddles.

In the states, you can't get factory cruise and paddles. I have read it has to do with the SAM unit, but I am not sure. I can't speak to the Canadian models. I do know many owners in the states with the paddle shifters have added either MDC or the 451 after market cruise control units with total satisfaction. Good luck on whatever you choose.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks for the info... That's exactly what I was looking for.Now I just need to decide on one or the other..

Edited by SmartEdge

The MDC is not as smooth in operation as is the A451.

+1 on the Area451; get one while they're still available. You won't be sorry. :)

Not to mention, the QA/QC on the mister dot com cruise is in the "flip a coin" realm.

CityFlame 2013 with paddle shifters and A451 installed by Uncle Glenn working like a charm...no issues....strongly recommended!