Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikesca

Replacement Intercooler

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,I've got a leaky intercooler, and rather than trying to repair it I'd like to replace it due to time restrictions. I've found a NISSENS Part # 96893 intercooler that seems to be a replacement. Does anyone have any confirmed info on this? It would be much appreciated before I order.Thanks,Mike

Not sure but i think it fit. To you have a place to buy it ?? Mine have also a leak...

That Nissens inter cooler is for petrol Smarts 450. You need Part number 0002490V007000000 if yours is a model 450 Cdi.

That Nissens inter cooler is for petrol Smarts 450. You need Part number 0002490V007000000 if yours is a model 450 Cdi.

Just in the works of replacing mine, orders the intercooler from Flying Tiger for $398.00

I would hang onto the old one if I were you, I just replaced mine last year thankfully not tossing the old one then saw on this forum some owners have had luck with epoxy and using a vacuum to pull it into the (leaky) seams.

Yeah, this is what i have done last week end:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't know if it will stop the leak for ever, but i buy a 20$ of Right Stuff... will see

The vacuum trick does truly work for a real longterm repair. Must be done well, correct epoxy, good and clean, bigger holes closed up somewhat, lots of details. A casual DIY it isn't. Too much labour to remove and re-install to risk a bad repair.