Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dalplex

What Is The Real Problem Put Wheel 450 On 451?

13 posts in this topic

I understand it looks funny and may be not safe. But is there a legal problem in here?

Absolutely not. I have wider tires on my escalade, and other than chipping up the paint a bit behind the tires theres nothing legally wrong. Especially in the smart where it only sticks out slightly. I believe if it sticks out too far you have to have fender flares or something similar to stop rocks (like in this pic). But I honestly wouldn't worry in the smart, IMO

post-14411-1400519024_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 inch stick out is allowed for Ontario. I had larger on my truck and they took a tape measure to it and handed me a $135 fine. Had a good talk with the police officer(s)

Edited by dmoonen

If 1" was the limit. Then put 450 on 451 as in the video would get 44+6.25. About 2".

If you get into an accident, your insurance may be invalidated if you have incorrect wheels on your car. Sounds petty, but insurance companies are notorious for finding excuses not to pay claims.

Sticky out wheels here is your answer..DIY wheel arches.

Video of a 450, but could be modified the same for a 451, if you do not want to watch the whole video, goto 5 minutes in.

Edited by Colsmart

Honestly not that bad. But I am considering upgrade to design 5. or goto 18" brabus rear.Because of this. I have two 175/55/r15 never mounted for sale. Still have the sticker on them.

Edited by dalplex

Ok, I thought you have a 450. I hope you have a good dentist and physiotherapist, because 18s and 30-series tires on a smart is rough rough rough.