Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buzz271432

1 Week Since I Bought My 2006 Pure

27 posts in this topic

Troy's parts car is a Pulse with Sportline rims. I'm sure he'd be willing to part with them (Although he'll need to find somewhere for it to sit without wheels at that point!) for a reasonable price.

Don't want to jinx anything but... Bibit and I have completed 30,000 KM so far! It has been a challenge but for the most part she is delivering the economy I expected.

Original Clutch Actuator Rod repair lasted +/- 6,000KM

Switched to the Acorn Bolt (changed it on side of highway! and have completed +/- 22,000 KM and she is shifting fine (will it hold to the spring...hmmm?)

Mech used 4.0 ltrs in first oil change... no issues to date, since it was caught after about 300KM

Lost 1, maybe 2, Front Sportline Rims after bolts seized to rims trying to change Summers to Winters (anyone know where I can get used?)

Sidewall flat on commute to work (220KM) unable to repair, requiring a new tire from a Mazda dealership on route.

New Michelin X-Ice 3 Rear tires after used set I purchased proved to be "a little dangerous" during last week's winter storm. Although, she does manage to remain within the lane even when perpendicular to traffic... LOL!!! That's an entire post in itself for another day!

The wife still hates the car... named it Turd, especially after she witnessed me "shimmying" down Hwy 40 at 80-90KM in last weeks snow storm..."Bob, SELL THAT CAR... you are going to get KILLED!". For the record, although she went sideways MOST of the time... I was surprised at how easy it was to keep the front tire "pointed" straight ahead.

The ride is still rough - in the days when it reached -15C, the cabin was cold

I have some work still to do:

- suspension is rough (couldn't "see" the broken coils my original mechanic mentioned and confirmed by the Mazda dealership that they were in tact)

- latest noise is a "grinding" from front end when I turn left (will check it out this weekend)

- Rattles in cabin (stereo can't drown it out) but she is old so....

- windshield washer pump doesn't have enough power to spray windshield (temporary fix = Windex bottle filled with Washer fluid until I get new pump LOL).

Overall... satisfied with my 2006 Diesel! The "experience" continues... keep you posted!

Bob

Hey Bob

I really like your spirit. Keep it up!

1 person likes this