Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aufgeblassen

Is There Any Kind Of Recall For Door Latch?

7 posts in this topic

Ours keeps jamming on passenger side (and door won't latch closed), and requires banging on latch mounting screws to free it so it will.Anyone else see this problem? Solution? It happens nearly every time trying to shut door.

Best to contact your local MB dealer, but Transport Canada issued that recall so i'm unsure how that would play out in the States. Mine were replaced under warranty last winter but started to jam up a few weeks ago. They obviously won't replace them again, so I just sprayed a bunch of silicone lubricant into all the latches to displace the water and dust. No issues so far, just give them a light spray every few weeks!

If the recall is for Canada I think a car registered in the states cant do it unless its serviced and registered within the same county as the recall was ordered. Also with it being a grey market vehicle I'd be surprised the dealerships would touch it sadly. Go to the dealership and maybe contact head office first so see if they can do it just make sure you have the recall papers handy for reference. I had do deal with a whole bunch of BS with my US cars when there was a recall.Playing dumb with information and references allways helps :P

Other route which I did for my US cars is I contacted head office in the county where the recall was ordered, and they contacted the closest dealership and set up the whole arrangement. In my case I bought the Audi from the US, contacted Audi USA and they set me up with Audi in Canada. Some wait time and allot of calls but it was done within the same week.