Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darren

145 Km/h In A 60 Zone?

14 posts in this topic

Yeah that's a bit crazy numbers are a bit in question. Funny thing is they'd be charged with stunt racing. I'm just thinking of the never ending laughs they'd get when someone looks at their record.

The 450 cdi is factory limited to 135kph but the 451 is set at 145kph. A remapped cdi can do 145kph with little effort. Hopefully they will get the full $10k fine for racing.

Looks like the smart car image was lifted from the internet. A pretty fancy euro spec smart!I wonder if it's someone I know?

Both can go that speed, even limited and going down hill it can do it stock. But 145km/hr in a 50km/hr zone is just stupid no matter what way you look at it. Also add being in a smart at that speed can get sketchy as hell so the driver for sure knew what he was doing because there's no mistake in that. Also add he's probably in a community zone so double what ever he was fined.

My '05 Pulse would easily run to an indicated 140 kph before the remap.

However, as we all know, the smart speedometer is highly optimistic so even a stock 451 shouldn't be able to reach an "observed" 145 kpm. Perhaps on a steep downhill with a hurricane-force wind behind it .......

Posted (edited) · Report post

Not sure how many different ways it has to be written but the 451 does 145 kph(90 mph) on flat ground. The speedo will be indicating something around 155-160kph.

Edited by Huronlad

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have driven my Smart (451) to real 130* on flat with no wind, and there was much pedal left. I have no idea where it would top off, but I am guessing 145 should be attainable. That said, 130 felt too fast for me in the Smart.* Using the ultra-gage, which I verified as accurate with the phone's gps.

Edited by Lito

Not sure how many different ways it has to be written but the 451 does 145 kph(90 mph) on flat ground. The speedo will be indicating something around 155-160kph.

Until Leadwing mentioned "indicated" speed, I could find no other reference to the claimed speeds being actual speeds or indicated. Perhaps including the words "indicated" or "actual" when referring to speeds would be a good idea. It would eliminate the nit-picking.

Nit-picking is our stock in trade here.

OPP laid nearly 300,000 speeding charges across the province in 2013. Almost 3,000 of them involved the motorist driving 50 km/h or more over the posted limit.

Article

I think we all do it, it keeps things interesting... ;)