Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arbateman

Front Break Drag

4 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my first post as I attempt to work out a brake problem. I have a 2008 Passion. I am the second owner, and when I bought it I noticed that if it's not driven for a few days you need to apply a bit of throttle to move forward the first time as the pads seem to crack off of the router. Added to this problem is the sound of breaks dragging. Just enough to annoy, but not enough to heat up the rim, etc. I have replaced the pads, routers, and rebuilt the calipers with new boot and square seal, but they still drag. What am I missing? Are there any problems between the master cylinder and caliper that the 2008 has trouble with? Should I replace the rubber brake lines? Is this a trapped break line pressure kind of problem? any help would be great.thanksAlan

There could be rust buildup on the pad holder, where the pad ears rest and are supposed to slide. Clean it of all rust and put a tiny bit of never-seize there. So if the pads still drag on the rotors after that, there could well be internal brake hose failure.

Binding slide pins? Wrong grease used on slide pins causing rubber on lower pin to swell. Result is caliper sits at a slight angle and pads bind against rotor.

thanks for the replies. The pins are all good, I will go over the pad holders again and make sure they move well.thanksAlan