Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwight

Smart Dna Video

14 posts in this topic

The for-us (the micro-ute) is my favourite of the concepts. The forvision (the one with the effeminate eyelashes that are now on the FIAT 500L) is my least favourite.

My guess is the 453 will have a front end that invokes a bit of the 2015 Mercedes Benz front end look, perhaps to differentiate from the Renault and Nissan derivatives.

We will stop in at smartville in just over a week and see what is there...

I admit that as stupid as they are, I laughed out loud more than once. :)

I love their advertising campaigns...always entertaining. It's refreshing to see a brand with such unique humility. I kinda wish I had waiting to get my car......but, who knows! I'm really excited to see what they do! Only 2 more days!!!!

I love the Big City Car video!!!! Well done!!!

Here's a review of the ad from Caradvice.com.au-

Smart Fortwo teased in mock ads ahead of July 16 debut

by Matt Campbell Senior Editor

13 July 2014

The all-new 2015 Smart Fortwo and Smart Forfour are set to be revealed on July 16 in Germany, and the Mercedes-Benz city car brand has released two new teaser videos aimed to mock the size of rival city cars.

The videos – which are supposed to be funny, rather than actually giving much away about the new Smart models – indicate the anticipated growth inside the cabin of the new city car. The fresh two-door model is expected to measure almost identical to the car it replaces at 2.69 metres long, while the four-door model will stretch to 3.50m.

The new Fortwo and Forfour models have been jointly developed with Renault, and are based on the same underpinnings as the recently revealed Twingo from the French brand. The cars are rear-engined and rear-wheel drive. Powertrains include a 51kW naturally aspirated 1.0-litre three-cylinder and a 66kW turbocharged 0.9-litre three-cylinder, both of which are shared with Renault. An EV model from Smart is expected to give the German brand a point of differentiation.

Smart is under something of a cloud of uncertainty in Australia. A recent report from Australian industry journal GoAuto stated that Mercedes-Benz‘s local arm may not bring the new Smart models if the brand can’t make money on the cars.

Smart has never hit any great heights in Australia, particularly as buyers could otherwise choose larger, more practical hatchback models for similar money. The existing Smart Fortwo is still available, priced at $18,990 driveaway for the hard-top and $20,990 driveaway for the rag-top convertible model, but the company has only managed to sell 38 examples so far in 2014.

Stay tuned for more news on the Smart brand in Australia, and the reveal of the new Smart models on July 16 (July 17 in Australia).

Source.

On Wednesday smart will be providing a live feed of the unveiling on their Facebook page. Unsure of time.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More