Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mark0006

2015 Smart Fortwo And Forfour Leaked

58 posts in this topic

The new European bumper height regs are playing havoc with car designs.........and that much is evident here. The guy who said it looked like a Mini and a FIAT 500L mated hit the nail on the head.

I guess as I have two more years on my lease I can wait.........not really liking the front end in the pics........but like anything new, you've got to see it for real.

The new European bumper height regs are playing havoc with car designs.........and that much is evident here. The guy who said it looked like a Mini and a FIAT 500L mated hit the nail on the head.

I guess as I have two more years on my lease I can wait.........not really liking the front end in the pics........but like anything new, you've got to see it for real.

Thanks for the info re:bumper height regs.

I agree with you on the new front end - I don't care for it at all but perhaps it will grow on me. I think that its great that they have moved the battery under the hood which now gives more foot space for the passenger seat and allows it to be lined up with the driver's seat, but I don't like the resulting larger front hood.

I am really hoping that the brabus version will have different grill work along with a proper front spoiler - it has to look better than the passion version [it sure couldn't look uglier].

Again, it seems all they did was pull in the lower A-pillars to get a "hood". The car's overall length is unchanged as is the length of the interior. The marketers seem to be doing a good job with the engineering and design choices, though; remember how they used to trumpet the offset seating as a safety feature?

New car must be wide enough to not require staggered seating for side collisions.