Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Banks

London Area Smart Car Request

18 posts in this topic

Alright... so I'm getting married in July. I'm thinking it'd be pretty sweet to have the wedding party all driving smart cars. The problem: I can't afford to buy four more smarts. :D So I'm throwing this out there...

Are there any kind and generous Londoner's who would be willing to lend me their smart cars for a day in July? It's looking like we're doing the do on the 8th. But nothing is set in stone for it just yet. I can either pay you, or, pay for the car to undergo a wash and wax a la something like this.

I'm entertaining the idea at this point and whether or not it happens will depend on how grand my fiancee's plans are for everything else. But if I can afford to do it and there are any replies, I think it would be pretty kickass.

I'd need to come up with four for the wedding party.

I would love to help out but the thoughts of a non smart person driving my Gina gives me anxiety. Come to Robinson Hall on the 1st and twist my arm.

:headhurts:

I hope that you'll give everyone a lesson in driving the smart since mine doesn't have the automatic option.

Indeed lessons will be given. The cars will be in good drivers' hands. The guys will be driving the cars and I do believe that they're all long-time standard drivers. But absoutely, a crash course in smart smart driving will be given to all.

And Glenn, I'd be happy to drive Gina for you, so you know she's in good hands. I'll place Grey in someone else's custody. I will be there to twist your arm. I may even go so far as to bribe you with a drink if it comes down to it. :D And I'll give everyone the lessons in my car... more insurance. :D

<snip> But absoutely, a crash course in smart smart driving will be given to all. <snip> :D

That is incentive?? Your other choice would be to get 8 cars, and everyone in the party gets an idividual chaufer.

MG (too far away to offer to help, but it sounds like fun)

I will consider it. Please advise:

1. Where will my smart be driven - only in London, or where?

2. About how many km do you estimate we are talking about per car -100?

3. Will only 1 person be driving it?

4. Precisely when will you need the car? e.g. noon to midnight on July 8th or whenever

5. I am going to be out of the country that day - Can you pick it up and return it to my home in London?

I have a brand new Passion on which I turned 500 km today, so I have a little "new parent" anxiety.However, I think that it is a great idea and am very sympathetic to your appeal. I await your response.

:lover:

Hey everyone... thanks for the replies. Sadly, it doesn't look like we'll be going the smart route. It would've been fun, but there were some snags in the planning of it all among some other problems.

Thanks for the offers (and considerations) nonetheless. It is very much appreciated.

I've also been late getting back to this as because of a flurry of late issues that we've needed to work out. The wedding is this Saturday. So it's been hectic.

Even though it will not be a "smart" wedding, very best wishes for a very long, healthy and happy matrriage.

Remember:

1. Until the wedding, just shut up and do what you are told. You don't care about the flowers, the bridesmaids dresses and all other kinds of details. If you don't care about the matter, don't waste your time fighting about it. Until the wedding, your approach should be - "Yes dear, if that is what you like, it is fine with me. " That is your mantra, say it to yourself over and over again, and say it aloud when necessary. After the wedding, things will be different.

2. Remenber that it is not the brides's day; it is certainly NOT the groom's day - you are just there to make it legal - it is the Bride's Mother's day. So keep your cool.

3. Your sole job is to show up at the right time, at the right place, with the right ring and, alas, sober. Focus and you will have a great time.

Once again, best wishes.

Remember: ... Your sole job is to show up at the right time, at the right place, with the right ring and, alas, sober.

You just *had* to add that, didn't you! I've been stellar at the first one. You might say I've been doing that first reminder too well as I've gotten in hot water for not contributing to ideas enough. :D Hard to get excited or have an opinion on floral arrangements when the wedding I had in mind was her and I eloping in the Caribbean. After I lost that *ahem* discussion, I told her I would just follow your third piece of advice... and then I get in trouble for that. Women! :D (I KID!)

Thanks for the well wishes.

I hope everything goes smooth for you and everyone has a good time.

Where are you going for the honeymoon?

The wedding went wonderfully... a good time was had by all, and as I type this, I'm moments away from leaving our place to head to the airport and then we're off to the Mayan Riviera. I forget the name of the resort we're going to because it's a weird name... but we're excited. Have a good week, everyone!

Congratulations! Enjoy the honeynoon and hope to see you out to a few smart events this year!

:manygrins2: