Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dieselkiki

Another "unhappy" Ending!

14 posts in this topic

Yesterday my girlfriend Marianne drove on a remote road to reach our new "off the grid" house. Everything was ok until a french tourist hit Marianne's smart on the driver side.

In fact, Marianne put left flasher almost 200m before the road junction. But even if her left flasher was "ON" to turn on the road to the left ahead, the car behind choose to pass from the left and hit the left door and front fender at high speed. :wtf2:

The left side airbag exloded and the smart was trown into the ditch to the other side of the road. Fortunately, Marianne has almost nothing except a post traumatic tendinitis but the smart... her lovely smart is sadly total loss. The insurance said: "If an airbag is deployed, the car is scraped"

Marianne was sooooo furious against the french tourist who said to the police officer "I saw the left flasher so I passed from the left!" :wtf: Nothing to understand! I'm realy furious too cause we just did the maintenance, replaced crank sensor, belts, filters and we just replaced and repaint the complete back pannels...

Marianne said that if they scrap it, she will probably not buy another smart. Winter are too bad in our new region and she will maybe replaced by an AWD car as SX4 suzuki or subaru. I'm sad! We were a smart couple...

Some picture of the car:

Posted Image

Look at the rack and pinion rod to the tie rod end and the bent strut!

Posted Image

And the reason why the car is declared: "SCRAPED"

Posted Image

So, that was just to share this badluck with you guys.

Have a good evening and drive safe... even more for the ones who don't!

Edited by dieselkiki

Ouch. So sorry to hear this, but as long as Marianne is ok, then her car did its job well.

Hey Dom,Sorry to hear about the smart and the accident. I am glad to hear that Marianne is ok. Please say hi to her for me.Blair

Glad to hear that Marianne is ok!No fun being a crash test dummy :D Buy that smart from the insurance company. I have a side air bag and the front end parts that are needed. Just send me a pm.

Yes, the car did it job very well. This car is hard as a nut!About insurance, they said they will think about the opportunity to buy the car but the car don't have to go back on the road as they say. But I don't care cause I just want to have the powertrain who's in realy realy good condition and only 90000km.

À première vue, le tridion est intacte. Mais le coût de reconstruction est plus élevé que la valeur résiduelle du véhicule alors... difficile de justifier à l'assureur la réparation de la smart. On va attendre le verdique de l'évaluateur mais selon l'assureur, c'est perte totale. C'est la smart 450 la plus clean que je connais. C'est excessivement chiant!

I can feel your frustration, because the reason for this accident sounds so stupid. I'm glad to hear your girlfriend did not get seriously injured.I'd be so happy if you eventually manage to bring this little gem to life!Bonne chance l'ami, and keep up posted|

That's the craps but best wishes to her!

A Quebec write off is easily lisenced in Ontario when repaired... CarProof won't even show unless it's been to a collision repair facility.

Oh :o we are so sorry to hear this and glad Marianne is ok but I bet she is really shaken.Hopefully you can get the smart back in your safe hands. Insurance companies are nuts.Karen and Jake

Thanks guys!We are actualy talking with insurance to get the car repared. The bodyshop said to Marianne that there are 1/2 of chance that they fix it and 1/2 of chance they scrap it at this time. But has diesel smart keep more it value than gas smart and as the car is a low km... everything is not over about this car.