Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huronlad

How Many Clear 700km Per Tank?

32 posts in this topic

I easily do 700 km when travelling. Gas stations along the highway in northern Ontario dictate when to fill up. 800 might be possible but risking running empty far away from anywhere.

Well.. I guess there's either something wrong with my driving...or I'm dragging a small parachute.

I'm sitting at 110,000 km on my 2013 City Flame... and it's all highway driving.

It was pretty good in the beginning. Driving a little over 500 km and showing 2 bars left on the gauge.

These days, I can't get 500 out of a full tank even if I cruise the 401 at 110 km/r.

She's been into the dealer for every scheduled service and I've had them look for issues on my past two visits.

I'm creeping up in the same mileage as my Santa Fe.

Edited by SmartEdge

I decided to check into the numbers and I think I see a little more of the big picture.

(Using fuelly as a point of reference: http://www.fuelly.com/car/smart/fortwo)

The 450s are reporting numbers around 4.7 l/100km (50mpg) (up to 2006)

Original 451s are reporting numbers around 6.12 l/100km (38mpg) (2007-2012)
Newer 451s are reporting numbers around 6.72 l/100km (35mpg) (2013-2105)

I found a pair of gas receipts where I filled up in Ottawa, then again in Whitby.

Google maps says 407km between stations... receipt says I put in 25.13 liters... so we're looking at ~6.3 l/100km

Not great Highway numbers at all... but not as far off as I was thinking based on the 700-800 km ranges some are seeing.

Looks like I also bought in when they started to release the the least fuel efficient models.

i would try replacing o2 sensors and also clean the brakes to make sure everything is working fine .. over the years these are the most common issues ive seen with people reporting bad mpg's

On 2016-02-16 at 9:56 PM, SmartEdge said:

so we're looking at ~6.3 l/100km

Not great Highway numbers at all

That consumption does seem to be a little high if you are running at 110 kph.