Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlossyTheSmart

I Had An Itch, But Now It's Been Scratched!

13 posts in this topic

Well, if it wasn't official before, it is now.

I am a smart-aholic.

I headed out to Concord this morning and picked up a second smart. A cabrio. A 450 cabrio. A Scratch Black 450 Cabrio. I own the set :)

post-4936-0-49226900-1407618266_thumb.jp

It's Diesel Dave's old smart, a 2006 Passion. Overall it seems to be in very good condition, but I want to add paddles and cruise. It seems to still have the Technine Stage 2 remap that Dave had on it before, which is quite peppy. I'd say it drives better than my coupe, as well as being a lot quieter.

Yay!

3 people like this

Looks nice.

I'd like to buy jonEsmash's cabrio he has for sale, but I chose to pay down debt instead......way lamer than buying a cool smart, but probably the better choice.

Also I didn't know you could add the paddle shifter to a Passion. I wouldn't mind doing it to mine.

Well now I'll be damned! That is just too cool Max! I can imagine just how you couldn't pass up an opportunity like that. Two scratches truly is better than one in this case.

Congratulations!

Very handsome set Max! You should have given me a call and we could have met for coffee

Admittedly, by the time I left this morning I wasn't 100% on actually buying it, so I didn't want to get committed to anything. When I actually took it out for a drive though, things turned around pretty quickly. By the time I was out of the MTO office, I was getting kind of tired, so just wanted to get back on the road and head back. It was perhaps a tad too sunny a day to have the top all the way down for the drive back though...

post-4936-0-96786200-1407636442_thumb.jp

Wrt the burn: been there, done that! LOL

Congrats, you may be a one of one smart owner now. I seriously doubt there is another matched set anywhere else!

The best part is they should both fit in your garage!

I'm not sure two of anything fits in a Kanata garage...

Nice purchase Max, now I'm twice as jealous :)

Edited by autocrash

If I didn't have a shelf and freezer at the front end of the garage, I think it would JUST fit. The coupe is still at the cottage for now. It'll likely make its way back next weekend.