Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlossyTheSmart

Anyone With Graphic Design Skills?

13 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I think most of you would agree that our logo looks kind of dated sitting on a small white box, with the blue blackground behind that. Not only that, but the image is kind of fuzzy.

Unfortunately, that's the highest res version of the image we've got. There used to be an EPS copy of the logo available, but the file disappeared at some point, lost to the bowels of the internet.

I'm putting out a call to you, that person out there with some basic photoshop skills - I'm looking for a vectorized, transparent-ed version of the logo as it is above, so that:

1) We can put it on any background colour we want

2) We can make it bigger if we want

3) We have a nice quality image if we ever wanted to put it on anything

If you've got the will, the cunning, the free time - WE WANT YOU!

(I attached a copy of the logo below...)

post-4936-0-59998400-1408036413_thumb.gi

OK, so we've got transparency down, I'll see how that looks at the top tonight (Although I suspect it might be iffy against the dark blue).

Ideally, I'd like an SVG (or other vector graphic) of the logo, which would allow us to make it a bit bigger at the top, which would probably look better.

Hi there

I can't find exact font. if you got one please send me and I can do the proper match. Jerzy

post-13989-0-90857700-1408047255_thumb.gif

post-13989-0-45401300-1408047265_thumb.png

Nice job Jerzy!

Even though the font isn't the same, I think it suits it just as well. The 451 in the logo is a sign of the times :) (Although we'll have to get a 453 in there in the not too distant future!)

Let's see what Darren comes up with, and maybe we can have a vote off!

I did some digging in old posts, but wasn't able to find any reference to what font that was in the logo.

EDIT: And yes, can't upload SVGs or PSDs. I'll send you a PM with my email and you and send it that way I guess

Hi gang how big do you want this to be? and how many

Cheers; from Wild! at syne lab

Not looking for anything physical (At this point, at least). Just wanted to bump the logo quality somewhat. Having the vector file gives us options as to how big we want it, and also gives us a really good quality image to work from if we ever did want physical things, like hats, shirts, etc.

Also, it sounds like the answer to my original question was "Yes". We do have people with graphic design skills :P

Well... Turns out Darren had a copy of the original design files for the logo as it is, along with versions without the tagline, and reversed versions, for use on a dark coloured background...

I think the reversed version would look better up top against the two-tone blue background. :thumbup:

I had originally planned on lightening up the blues a bit, but then was having a hell of a time finding the right spots in the CSS. I kinda gave up in frustration after a bit. I'll give the reverse one a shot now...

There, I think it looks pretty good now. Used the reverse version (white text), but changed the chicken head to the colours from the non-reversed version (since it was white in this one originally)