Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RHWeiner

Crappy Tire....source for seat covers to fit 2015 Pure?

6 posts in this topic

Seeing as I will be leasing the car I want to do the best I can at keeping it showroom clean. To that end I want to immediately cover the seats. Doing a google search I am coming up with options Stateside and a fair coin. Has anyone found something at Canadian Tire that will do the job?

Not sure if any generic covers will fit right, and you have to keep in mind that the seat airbags need to have openings in the right places.

The best i've found are by Wet Okole. not cheap, but made to fit, with proper airbag openings, and you can pick the colours of the panels and/or piping to match your car. And they're good enough quality that you could even sell them on to someone else after your lease is up. We had a set in our old Golf, and after 3 or 4 years when we sold the Golf, we sold the seat covers as well and got some of that investment back.

I have been reading about this need for the airbags. Given I still need to start working again I may end up punching holes in an old blanket to mount to the headrest. Not a great fix but one that I can do on the cheap. ;-) At least we aren't into fall just yet with the typical We(s)t Coast weather...rain!

Yup, they are a bit of a touch. Much the same pricing I am seeing elsewhere. One thing I do wonder about is the transferability of heat from heated seats....supposedly I will have these in this car. Being a flyfisher years ago I know that neoprene is a good barrier to cold. I would suppose this would be the same from bun warmers.

The great thing about the Wet Okole is once they're installed they don't

need to be removed for cleaning. As they're made from Neoprene I just

wash them in place and they dry very quickly... :lol2: