Followers 0
LooseLugNuts

N Ontario

16 posts in this topic

hello

new owner of basket case 05 450

all my google searches for info seem to end up here so i decided to join

:badger: << good thing that smiley is tiny because ive seen the larger version

Basket case 450s generally aren't fun. Why?

Welcome!

Whereabouts in Northern Ontario are you?

sudbury area

Basket case 450s generally aren't fun. Why?

because some other idiot took it apart and made more work by breaking crap and cutting important stuff ;)

Perhaps start a thread with your problems and the situation, photos and codes also help!

Sudbury...that's almost southern Ontario! Haha. I grew up in Geraldton. Nice to see some other Northerners on here. Welcome!

PS: This is a great forum with incredible members. Most of these guys are absolutely brilliant and have been unbelievably helpful to me. You'll see a lot from FlossyTheSmart, Tolsen, Smart142, Cadillacman, MikeT, and a tonne of others (sorry, I know there's a tonne I'm probably forgetting, like dmoonen). These guys now thing about this car that you'd probably never imagine. If you ever need a hand...someone is always around!

Welcome!

Whereabouts in Northern Ontario are you?

sudbury area

Edited by SkydiverChris

Perhaps start a thread with your problems and the situation, photos and codes also help!

codes? lol..maybe once its together

previous owner took the drivetrain out...owner before that let it sit over a year (thats the story that came with it)

so far the problems i see are cut abs wires..broken abs sensor bolts...broken vacuum pump bolts...seized alternator...and i have one of those oil pump drive sprockets that is turned into a nice smooth circle with no teeth

oh and the best part is the broken glow plug with the added bonus of having a broken easy out bashed in there also (by previous owner of course)

so yeah i obviously picked it up in non-running condition ...but i have lots of patience and time to tackle it :move:

i owned a Lada Niva once so i'm well prepared for just about anything because it doesnt get much worse than that :icon_eek:

it was intended to be a fix and flip but ill probably keep it a bit because its cute

yes probably ..if it was the one that was only there less than a day and the guy didnt answer the phone much

i got the broken easy out today...then managed to get the glow plug out too..some threads got damaged but i think it'll be ok be cause theres still enough thread to get one in tight and luckily the guy stopped just short of damaging the sealing seat when he first drilled

cam journals look ok too so i suspect it was still getting just enough oil to save it from damage...have not checked crank journals yet

Edited by LooseLugNuts

i dont see torque for cam journal caps on cdi

anyone have a guess (ill probably just go with the 12NM it shows for the other engines)